How do I loop my script?

Hi, how can I loop my script and how does it work?

1 Like

You can loop your script by adding label and goto like.
label START
#script here
goto START
You can place any word in place of “START” as long as put it on both commands label and goto.
How does it work -
After end of script , when the reader will reach to goto command , it will send them back to label of same name. Here , it will send them in start of script.

1 Like

So if i’d like it to loop multiple times, I’d just spam goto START?

2 Likes

No you don’t have to if it’s same form of script , but if it’s a choice then you would have to write goto START in every choice at end. But for a normal scene like, end of Episode it will just loop itself for eternity until you give the option to break the loop

Interesting, how do I break the loop (sorry if I missed the obvious)?

1 Like

You break loop by simple erasing the label and goto causing it. Or you can leave to reader by giving them choice -
choice
“Next episode” {
goto End_episode
} “Repeat this episode” {
goto START
}
label END_episode
#here you can put your outro or simple transition to end story
This will automatically send the readers to next episode

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Do you want to loop an overlay or a whole episode?

1 Like

An overlay

2 Likes

Then you shouldn’t do it with labels, since you want it to loop forever or for a several ammount of times, while the story goes on.

1 Like

Oh. How do I do it without labels?

2 Likes

Check out this thread:

2 Likes

Dara explains how to loop overlays.

2 Likes

Sorry my mistake I thought you want to loop script :joy: blame on me. Kudos to @Zeah and also check out the thread linked by them it gives a good insight of overlays
Check this thread out it explains how to loop overlay in one direction and in reverse direction

2 Likes

It’s fine. I should have stated it better in my title, my bad.

1 Like

I should have asked too :joy: nevertheless good luck with your story , hope you have got answer of your question

1 Like

Yes and, thanks for the help!

1 Like

In case you haven’t solved your problem…Joseph Evans has made a video tutorial about that on YouTube… I think it’s the video about animating overlays… Type: Episode limelight animating overlays and it’ll appear there… Hope that I’ll help you :pray::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes