How do I make a character levitate?

How do I make a character move up or down while using a certain animation. For example, if I want my character to levitate or fly on a certain spot, what do I do?

@CHARACTER walks to — AND CHARACTER does it while idle

Fill in the blank with whatever spot you want, I used idle animation as an example. They will move while just standing there. This works with any animation as well.

Thank you!

Help! This isn’t working for me when I put in the script above. Can someone help?

@JAY walks to spot 0.91 265 250 AND JAY does this while arms_crossed_angry
&JAY faces left

That’s what I’ve got in the script but it doesn’t work??

Hi.
You need to put in the spot coordinates and the time you want the move to take instead of –
ex
@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.979 342 176 in 3.0 AND CHARACTER does it while primp

<3

Ps. Wrong nimation name. preen isn’t an animation. It’s either talk_preen or primp. I was going for the later.

does it* while

Thanks I’ll try that now!

@JAY walks to spot 0.91 265 250 in 3.0 AND JAY does it while arms_crossed_angry
&JAY faces left

I put this in, but my character doesn’t move up and down? x

If you want him to move up and down - like if soaring - you need to add a second walk after the first one.
ex
@JAY walks to spot 0.91 265 250 in 3.0 AND JAY does it while arms_crossed_angry AND JAY faces left THEN JAY walks to spot 0.91 265 255 in 2.0 AND JAY does it while arms_crossed_angry AND JAY faces left

(adjust coordinates and time after your own need)

But you can’t really make him move up and down repeatedly without puting in a very long command sequence, with lots of THEN and the use of & since you - unfortunatly - can’t use a loop command like the one for overlays.

You know how in the secret of rain when the foster parents’ daughter is in that tank and is floating up and down? Or like in fine line when that girl is moving up and down continuosly in that green tank? That’s what i mean x

You can’t do it

It was a background

I’m pretty sure that scene’s made using an overlay.

Ohhhh

I’ve got my character behind an overlay

You can make those float for the whole scene by using a loop.
In theory you can make a character do the same as long as it doesn’t talk, but ut takes a lot of code and patience to do it.

Do you know how to do that? :slight_smile:

Would it have the same effect if the overlay were to move up and down with a loop?

I do.
You use overlay animations.
link removed
An ex for what you can do with this type of effect. I use mostly words in this but I think the GIFTED is the saem effect that you want(?)