How Do I Make Backgrounds Fit The Episode Style?

I hope someone answers, I have a few questions! How do I make backgrounds fit the episode style?

Summary

I want to make that a background but how do I make it look episodish?

1 Like

I use a paid app (photo shop) but If you don’t want to buy anything well I recommend just using overlays from free websites that are not copyright to put a background together with overlays

1 Like

Alrighty. Also hmm if I decided to just use that would it be weird? I mean, to be honest, I like it because it actually makes it look somewhat real you know?

1 Like

No, I don’t think it would be weird at all, I’ve seen many authors use realistic looking backgrounds! as long as it’s copyright free :heart:

2 Likes

Yay!! That’s good, I think I’ll use a lot of more realistic background just because I think it adds more attention! And yes, they are from copyright free websites, I used pixels, pixabay and Unsplash

2 Likes

Great!! and that’s true :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart:

1 Like

Actually, I do have another question, so this afternoon I’ve been making a few background edits when it says what size you want it to be like, 1= 640x1136. 2=1280x1136. 3=1920x1136. If I picked 1, could I still say on my script @cut to zone 2? or does that not work, would I have to pic the largest one so it showed my hole background?

1 Like

so let’s so you chose your background to be 1 zone only (640x1136) and if you try putting @cut to zone 2 in your script it will just show a black background since there is no zone 2, so yes if you want to be able to cut or pan to all 3 zones your background must have 3 zones so (1920x1136)

1 Like

Oh, alright. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I was very confused by that, lol!

1 Like

No problem, glad to help!

1 Like
Summary

I didn’t really do anything to it I just added that heart because I thought it looked kinda nice

1 Like

It does look nice, love that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! :heart:

1 Like

Sorry to bug again, but one last thing, hopefully! How do you change the theme so that it’s dark? Like you have a background for nighttime and daytime.

This is the only thing I was able to do

Summary

I could use this but then it looks a bit weird

Summary

1 Like

Or there is this

Summary

I like how it makes it look like their is light coming of the tv

No worries, so the way I usually make my background look darker for night time is I add this overlay from the episode art catalog, this is how it looks! if you ever want to use it just go to overlays and search (EFFECT DIM 60) and you can then add this overlay to your background in your scrpit, if you need any other help fell free to message me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you!! Actually, could you quickly put this and my original picture together to make it look darker? SO I can see for example lol

1 Like