How do I make hugging look more natural?

So, I have a moment where a mother is hugging her daughter, or more so putting a necklace around her neck, as you see in the screen shot. The daughter is overlapping and it just looks weird and unnatural. Any tips would be very appreciated.

I’m kind of just getting back into writing Episodes, and have yet to publish one. I’d like to make this one really well.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 7.18.45 AM Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 7.20.05 AM

UPDATE: (7:32am)
You’re all amazing and thank you so much with the quick responses! :two_hearts:
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 7.31.19 AM
It still looks a little weird, so I’m just going to change the girl’s animation and just make it better. Thank you all again!!

1 Like

Add it with the hug, or u can add it under the hug animation.

@YOU moves to layer -2

2 Likes

@YOU is hug_nervous_loop AND YOU moves to layer -2

or

@YOU is hug_nervous_loop
@YOU moves to layer -2

2 Likes

&YOU is hug_nervous_loop
&YOU moves to layer 1
&MOTHER moves to layer 2

2 Likes

So, I have a moment where a mother is hugging her daughter, or more so putting a necklace around her neck, as you see in the screen shot. The daughter is overlapping and it just looks weird and unnatural. Any tips would be very appreciated. I’m kind of just getting back into writing Episodes, and have yet to publish one. I’d like to make this one really well.

You need to change one of them to layer 2.

I would also move them closer together :slight_smile: You can do that by clicking on “Show Helpers” --> “Spot directing” then you move your character the way you want them to be and copy the spot direction below the previewer into your script :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh yes! I was trying to figure that out, thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.