How Do I Make My New Story Flow Well?

So I’ve recently taken it up to write my first episode story! When I started coding I found it was hard to not make my story seem rushed, and I’m just wondering if maybe some more educated people could help me out. I really want this story to be good quality, and it’s not working out because it seems rushed. I’ve re-done the episode many times and I can’t seem to get it right. Please share any tips, it’d be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

hmm, i write stories and do script writing, so many this will help?

always plan your story beforehand- whether it’s on a notebook or google docs. because you are simultaneously coding and writing a story, your mind can’t really keep your ‘coding’ and ‘writing’ mind upfront (if u get what i’m trying to say).

3 Likes

Thank you! I totally get what your saying<3 I tried to plan a little, but this makes me think I should probably get a little more detailed in my planning process.

1 Like

yess definitely!!
i rly hoped i helped :heart:

1 Like

okay this might be long but I just want to help lmao​:skull:. so i understand what you mean completely, I’ve been working on the first 100 lines of my first episode for three months. I’ve redone the characters at least ten times, I changed the plot so many times I can’t even count and I stopped reading other stories that were better than mine bc it made me jealous that I couldn’t write like them. what I did was I wrote all my ideas down in my notes and came back the next day to cross out ones I didn’t like. i kept adding and removing ideas from the plot until i was satisfied with it. then, I spent a few days making outfits and outlining the characters personality. after the basics were settled how I wanted them, I took it to the portal. I was so happy and I thought that since I spent all this time it would come out somewhat good…it didn’t. It was rushed and it was choppy and there was barely any movement or flow. I tried again and again, adding beats and animation to make it flow better. i worked on the first few hundred lines for a month. i was angry that I couldn’t get it right and I was on the verge of giving up. then I tried for the last time. but, this time I had an idea. When I was writing, I played the script in my mind like a movie. i imagined it flowing nice and easy with just enough dialogue in each scene. i added more animations to keep characters moving, I added background characters to add to scene, it was perfect in my mind. then I previewed it…and it was SOO much better. it wasn’t long and drawn out but it wasn’t short and rushed either. i made sure not to rush the love interest into the story but I didn’t wait five chapters to introduce him. when you have love interests, you have to develop into relationships. you can’t just go on a date in the third episode. you have to show the relationship and how it progresses overtime. a good example of a relationship is Christopher and April from the Shaw brothers. make it so that readers will be able to look back at the relationship in early episode and say, “wow they came a long way!” woah let me stop typing this is a lot lmao, but I really do hope this helped you if not I’m sorry for flooding your TL​:skull:. good luck with your story love :heart:

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

make sure to have a detailed plan for your story full with what animations u want to use at specific parts. also make sure you use lots of transitions in the actual story to help it look smoother!!

2 Likes

Hey, if you need any help with coding, ideas, or whatever feel free to PM me

But to answer your question, To make it not seemed rush is to literally not rush, my first story I did, I sorta rushed it and it came out so cheesy, I ended up revamping the whole story tbh it took months and now its waayy better, I have 2 story’s out btw, working on my 3rd one

But like I said if you PM I can give you some tips on how to make the story seem more detailed, and better overall :orange_heart:

1 Like

FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE OF WRITER YOU ARE !! this helps alot. me personally creating an outline on google docs either like bullet point or a short paragraph of what must happen in each chapter to get to the next it helps a TON. plan out your beginning and how you want it you end then just fill in! joseph evans and alot of episode writers on youtube explain how to make a story

3 Likes

Oof yeah, figuring out what type of writer you are makes it wayy better nd less hard to do,
like me I could work on my story for hours and days, but if one day I feel unmotivated, I’ll have writers block for like a week

2 Likes

same lmaoo

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much! I think this will help a lot <3

Thank you, I’ll make sure to check out his videos!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.