How do I make one character face left, right, left, right quickly?

So I’ve seen it done in stories before but I cannot recall a specific example. Basically a character turns and faces left and then right and then left and right (usually in a sarcastic context). I tried a bunch of different codes but it just skips everything and goes to the next part after that. First, I tried:

@DOM faces left
@DOM faces right
@DOM faces left
@DOM faces right

That didn’t work. So I tried to give it an action to go with it:

@DOM starts think_rubchin AND faces left
@DOM starts think_rubchin AND faces right

Hopefully somebody knows wth I’m talking about and can help lol. This is my first story and I’m actually just writing a practice story so I can get familiar with the code and try to learn some of the animations and directions.

Thanks in advance.

If you help me, you’re my new BFF. Not really but maybe I can put you in my first published story lol.

Under each command, add in
@pause for 0.2

@pause for 0.2
@pause for 0.2
@pause for 0.2

1 Like

I was gonna do that but came here first! I was on the right track! (insert: talk_confused_mindblown lol) Thanks so much! :heart_eyes: gonna try it now.

1 Like

Good luck! You might want to adjust the seconds though, depending on how quick you want it.

awesome. I had to take out the rubchin action and I made it 0.7 and now its perfect. every time I see this in a story I ‘lol’. thanks again. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome :blush:

1 Like

Glad this got resolved! Closing :v:t2: