How do I promote my story more?

Hey how can I promote my story more, at the moment I have a long line of r4rs so I can do them just note that I am very backed up at the moment but is there any other tips anyone can give on how to promote myself more. I also have a instagram and a website, but they don’t seem to be working help. TIA

3 Likes

Hm, have you tried making a thread promoting your story? Those usually work wonders, they don’t necessarily have to be R4Rs, but that’s entirely up to you. I also recommend if you promote on your instagram, you should include episode hashtags or even tags relevant to Episode! I assure you that fame might not always bloom nor will your story promote itself, but overtime; you’ll amass a decent amount of viewers/readers! Good things always come to those who stay patient, hope this helps a bit <3

Along with your website, maybe you can also link it (and your story) to your Forums bio as I know others also tend to check out profiles every now and then, so that is also a good advertisement strategy! :))

3 Likes

Thank you this helps a lot!!

1 Like

No problem, glad this helped out!!

Good luck promoting, mind if I could also give your story a read? :heart_decoration:

1 Like

Yes Definitely I actually have two out at the moment, Trapped In Silk and The Moonlight Hex!! I would gladly read yours as well, it might take me some time tho I have a lot of r4rs

1 Like

Ooh, sounds good! I’ll be sure to give em a read. <3

So far I’m actually in the process of revamping my stories, yet one of them is still readable! Just search up “Within Desire’s Fate,” and you’ll see it :))

(It’s alright if it takes some time, I know how long R4Rs take so no pressure haha)

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Also any feedback you can give me on my stories would be greatly appreciated whether its good or bad lol

1 Like

Anytime!! I’ll be sure to PM you feedback once I finish either (or both) stories lol :yum:

1 Like

Thank you so much I appreciate it a lot!!!

1 Like

Mhm!!! You are welcome <3

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is a discussion thread. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Try every app that you can. Promote here for sure. Promote on Reddit if you can. Instagram will be your best friend. Use those tags to your advantage. Also, hype your story up. Give us reasons to read it. Do not sell it short. There are thousands of stories on Episode. Tell us why your story deserves recognition. Do you have good directing? An enticing plot? I’m certainly not a big author, but that is how I got the readership I have today.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! So how do I hype my story? Like talk about it?

I have a read for read thread. I also do gem for gems if you are interested here is the link:

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/season-one-of-7-days-without-her-ink-is-complete-r-for-rs-and-g-for-gs-are-excepted-up-to-8x8/595249/55

Up to 8X8

1 Like

Yes on Instagram! Try making a trailer of the most important events you’re proud of. Share stuff on your story. Make aesthetically pleasing moodboards. On Instagram, you can also find people or groups that do reviews. Not only will you get the reads, but they will also tell you where you need to improve. They also normally make a post about it, and others could see it and find your story interesting. I’ve read A LOT of stories I found through review pages. Even if the reviews weren’t very positive, I still gave them a read because they appealed to my taste. I am sure I am not the only person actively trying to find new stories. Your story will grow, and it will get out there. It just takes time.

3 Likes

Who in the episode community is doing paid reviews? I heard hope moon does them but I can’t find her Instagram

1 Like

I highly advise not to use her promotion services. Many people have said (and I agree) that lately Hope’s paid reviews aren’t giving people the reads that they’d expect, considering her following. One girl even went on a full rant because her story only gained 46 extra reads from a weeks promotion that she paid $50 for!
It’s up to you, but it’s definitely a waste of money… I’d perhaps seek out someone who is offering a promo for free. Courtney Bre tends to do those quite a lot.

3 Likes

Sorry id love to but I am seriously backed up on R4Rs right now

1 Like

Oh sorry I read your description wrong. lol

1 Like

What are moodboards? And would you be willing to read one or both of my stories I’d love your feedback!!