How do i promote my story

Hi everyone, so this is a question for current authors.
How do you promote your story, I mean there are so many stories on episode, how do you make it stand out. Considering most people can’t find it. Because my Mafia story does super well while my Romcom just sits there, not many people read that for some reason.

So please give me some ideas besides our regular old forum and dms on Instagram.

1 Like

Personally for me, promoting my story a lot helps, also doing read for reads, or shout out for shout out on Instagram, but the number one thing that helps boost your reads are gems! I did tons of gem for gem with other writers, and I noticed the difference it really makes, and it boosts your rank!

1 Like

So basically right now I’m getting a lot of gems for some reason and story is till not going that high like its a new story but it has 870 reads and 580 gems have been used already that’s whats confusing me even more…

1 Like

Romance is too saturated, it won’t be easily seen. Try to put it in comedy or drama genre

1 Like

That might not be the best idea, unless the story actually fits comedy or drama better. (Any genre for that matter.) A lot of readers haven’t been happy when authors have done this, so it could ultimately harm the story’s performance even more.

@arorajenkins would honestly be better off posting about updates and stuff if they haven’t been already. If they’re not sure where to go from there, sneak peeks, short videos, and bonus content about the story can do well. (EG, posts/videos mentioning tropes, character types, or various situations within the story.) None of the posts need to spoil anything important, but there’s many ways to grab potential readers’ interests outside of promoting the story as a different genre. : )

4 Likes

You can ask episode support groups on IG, they help promote your story, give feedback and much more. You can also start a promotion thread - R4R & G4G to help as well. For me, Instagram works the best for promoting so many active members & readers who are willing to read our stories!

1 Like

So I have a question about this, instaGram really worked for me in my old stories but I’m figuring out that there are way too many dead accounts right now, how do I work around that, I feel like my engagement has decreased so much cuz of that

2 Likes

Well for starters you can download CapCut (it is free) there are lots of premade templates for pics and videos that you can use. ( You can do a video edit of your story, Mc’s & Li’s etc) Post it on your reels and use hashtags that relate to your story ( #/episode#/episodelife #/episodenewstory etc etc) - You can use these on your regular post as well but posting on reels will give you a larger audience for your platform to grow. (from what I know of)

If you want I can give you a shout out on my IG story if that would help you out :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey love! I’ve got a data pool out that shows where a ton of readers are finding their stories plus a literal crap ton of more info. It’s a free resource for anyone to see so here’s the link. I hope this can tell you something that will help on where to promote!

1 Like

That’s very helpful, thank you so much!

1 Like

Wow this is amazing

1 Like

That’s very helpful thank you so much

1 Like

Usually romance stories fall in either as well

This is so cool!

1 Like

True, but stories should be categorized as the genre it best fits. Most romance stories on Episode focus almost solely on the romance, while everything else becomes a B-plot. (It’s honestly why subgenres should have become a thing a long time ago, or better yet, tags in place of genres.) If I’m searching through the fantasy stories, I’m looking for fantasy stories, not romance set in a fantastical world. (Not that that’s a bad thing, but if you don’t even match people’s expectations for stories, they’ll likely feel disappointed.)

2 Likes

Putting a new story immediately on the romance shelf is overkill.
That’s why people add it at first, and even later, to other genres shelves because romance is hard to trend. If your story doesn’t perform or has fewer reads/gems than most of those stories in romance, then you have a really hard time being visible. When you look at romance shelf, there are stories that have thousands of reads (you can imagine how many gems they collected or collect on daily basis) and they get them daily. So it’s normal that if your story [new or not] doesn’t do well on a daily basis, meaning you get a similar amount of reads and gems day by day, it’ll be hard to compete with those.

So it’s good to go throughout other genre shelves - if your story fits, for example: comedy, fantasy, or adventure - because at the end of the day, “disappointed” readers are fewer and you can gain a new audience, because your story actually has more chances to trend than in romance.

@arorajenkins don’t be discouraged. If your romance story has a lot of drama, comedy or is set in a more adventurous way, you can always switch genres and see if that helps. :smiling_face:
On top of that, yes, instagram helps (true that it has a lot of dead accounts now, but you can start account from the beginning or clear your “followers” list). Do r4r with other authors or r4r with gems to help boost your rank. Put your stories in reviews, shoutouts or simple contests that support groups create on IG. And just write, from experience - updating and completing story is best way.

Also, not every story will be as good as your most popular one. Just… sometimes you don’t fit in readers’ taste, but that’s okay, you’ll find your niche. ;3

1 Like

So basically it’s is a romcom only so it has a lot of comedy but towards the end it has a little drama as well, that’s why I was confused.