How do I rotate overlays in place without it stopping?

I’m trying to get my overlay to continuously rotate in place and not stop. How do I do that? I’ve tried different things and looking it up, but I can’t find anything. Does anyone know how to do that?

&overlay OL NAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1 THEN overlay OLNAME rotates -360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1 loop INFINITE times

Make sure to use the & sign :smiley:

0.5 0.5 rotates the overlay from the middle, although once it rotates I usually have to shift it again!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, it worked! I’ve been trying to get it for so long. Thank you again. :smile:

Of course!
Check out this link, it’s got everything you need to know about overlays :wink:

1 Like

Id just like to say freaking thank you I’ve been trying to figure this out every now and then for months and it really deterred me from writing my story. Your a freaking life saver.

No problem! :blush:

Hi. I want to put an overlay moving on the scene but at the same time rotating. With the following script I have the overlay rotates in zone 3 but the scene does not change to zone 2

&NATALIA is slap_face AND THOMAS is mortified
&overlay KNIFE create
&overlay KNIFE shifts to 106 332 in zone 3
&overlay KNIFE scales to 0.136 0.136 in zone 3
&overlay KNIFE opacity 1 in 0 in zone 3
@pause for 0.1
&overlay KNIFE shifts to 48 334 in 6
@overlay KNIFE rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1 THEN overlay KNIFE rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@pause for 1
@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 320 328 to 200% in 0
&overlay KNIFE shifts to -28 341 in 6
@overlay KNIFE rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 THEN overlay KNIFE rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times