How do I solve the max of 5 gem issue?

I’m entering the heroic contest and gem choices are a requirement but when i add extra ones to buy points or even sneak peeks, it gives me an error that only 5 gem choices are allowed in a branch. Please help me fix this issue<3

its telling you that you cant have jore than 5 gem choices, so youre gonna have to decide which are the most important and remove some

3 Likes

There’s no way to “fix” this as it’s not an error. Episode doesn’t allow you to put more than 5 gem choices in a chapter so readers aren’t being constantly asked to pay.

That being said, there are ways around it if you get a little creative with the coding.

For example, let’s say the reader can buy Love points, Friendship points, and Professional points. Instead of these being three separate gem choices, they can just be one. You would need to create four characters (or use ones you already have) called LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, PROFESSIONAL, and POINTS. The LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, and PROFESSIONAL characters should match your pre-existing point system.

@POINTS =0

NARR
    What type of points would you like to buy?

choice "Love." {

@POINTS =1

} "Friendship." {

@POINTS =2

} "Professional." {

@POINTS =3

}

NARR
    How many points would you like to buy?

choice (PointsMenu) <GEMS:5> "5." {

if (POINTS = 1) {

@LOVE +5

} elif(POINTS = 2) {

@FRIENDSHIP +5

}
else {

@PROFESSIONAL +5

}

} <GEMS:8> "8." {

if (POINTS = 1) {

@LOVE +8

} elif(POINTS = 2) {

@FRIENDSHIP +8

}
else {

@PROFESSIONAL +8

}

} <GEMS:12> "12." {

if (POINTS = 1) {

@LOVE +12

} elif(POINTS = 2) {

@FRIENDSHIP +12

}
else {

@PROFESSIONAL +12

}

} "Nevermind!" {

NARR
    No worries!

}

If you post what gem choices you’re trying to create, I can probably help you figure out how to balance them.

1 Like

I’d recommend you use a template. I used one before, and they can be really helpful! Their easy to set up and boom! You have the coding that you need!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.