How do i subtly add hints that my character is pansexual

okay so like one of my characters is going to be pansexual and there will be a chapter in the story where she realises she is pansexual etc but right now in the first chapter i want to drop subtle hints that she is questioning, but idk how to do that :joy:

the character is the cliche mean girl character which makes it even harder to drop hints :sob:

any ideas are appreciated <3

5 Likes

Show little bit of her thoughtsā€¦ how she feels about itā€¦ Even mean girls feel low sometimes or just simply show her thoughts

3 Likes

okay but what thoughts exactly?

2 Likes

Well if u r pansexual or have studied about them better, u can tell thatā€¦ I donā€™t have much knowledge about themā€¦
Its like how they feel n allā€¦

2 Likes

The MC in one of my stories is bi, and I attempted to hint at that in the first episode by having her correct someone when they mentioned her finding a guy. She just said something like ā€œor girl!ā€

You could just use thought bubbles if you want it to seem like sheā€™s unsure or not wanting to share this yet.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not pan, but Iā€™d say the best way to hint at her pansexuality is by making her feel attracted/intrigued by or find someone attractive/cute/whatever you want, but with either genders instead of only males. Because hints are supposed to be just that without revealing too much. If sheā€™s eventually going to say it explicitly or make it known to the reader that sheā€™s pan, you can make them guess if her interest in other genders stems from her sexual/romantic orientation or else. And if sheā€™s a mean girl with a ā€˜reputationā€™ to keep, her attraction ā€” even if unconsciously so ā€” could be confined to her thoughts only at least in the beginning.

Perhaps, she could be alone in her room one day scroll through Epigram and finds a profile of a cute girl sheā€™s attracted to, only to bump into a guy the next day at Epibucks who she blushes to. The possibilities are endless!

4 Likes

i like this idea thank you for the help, do you think i could pm you if i need any help with some ideas like these? completely fine if not :heart:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is for story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youā€™ve got questions. :smiley:

Iā€™m very busy with life lately, so I canā€™t come on here as often anymore, plus I donā€™t have igā€¦ Iā€™m sorry! :sweat_smile:
But there are loads of creative people in the community who can help you with better ideas than mine. And also, I believe itā€™s best if you ask someone whoā€™s pan so you donā€™t risk getting things wrong! :innocent:

1 Like

Idk if it helps but Iā€™m pansexual, have been for 4-5 years openly. We donā€™t have a preference to a specific sex or gender identity, it solely depends on how we are attracted se*ually, romantically, and very much emotionally.

It depends on your character, they could easily you know have a deep conversation with someone they just met no matter their sex or how they identify theirselves and emotionally be attracted to them by that one conversation. Their are so many ways you can present this, based off emotionally and romantically. Idk if it helped, most likely not but I can try to think of other ways to hint at it.

1 Like

it did help thank you i appreciate it. i just donā€™t want it to be like random when itā€™s revealed uno but i donā€™t want it to be obvious as sheā€™s hiding but i guess iā€™ll just have to think how she would express that part of herself. x

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure but you could have the character say something like ā€œOh my god, everyone is soo f*cking hot!ā€ In a room of all different people. Idk just a thought. I hope I helped. :two_hearts:

1 Like

mmm, maybe spark up a small conversation between characters explaining the difference between pansexual & bisexual? iā€™m not sure LOL. but people usually confuse bisexuality and pansexuality

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.