How do I transition to a zone without it showing zone 1?

How do I get a scene to not show zone 1 and just strictly cut to zone 2??

I don’t want to pan everytime I have a new scene but it wont let me just cut to zone 2 without showing zone 1, and then after showing zone 1 it cuts to zone 2

this is my coding :
@zoom reset
@speechbubble reset

@VITALANY changes into hospital_gown

@VITALANY spot 0.897 212 186 in zone 2

@pause for a beat

@TRACY spot 0.938 107 169 in zone 2 and TRACY is idle_sad AND TRACY faces right AND VITALANY is idle_sad

@VITALANY faces left

@VITALANY moves to layer 2

@cut to zone 2

@zoom on 468 326 to 160% in 0

You’ll have to add "&"s instead of “@”.
Is this the beginning of a scene?

Yes it is, thank youu

Okay so normally at the beginning of a scene, I start with zones so you’ll need to have “&cut to zone 2” at the start and I tend to have the rest following all starting with “&” and then fading in so it all happens at the same time.

1 Like

Oh my goodness you’re a saint! Thank you so much! :tired_face::heart:

No worries, happy to help!!:heartpulse:

1 Like

One more question, do you usually you the “&” when closing out a scene too??

No. “&” is just for when you want more than one action to happen at the same time. I suppose you can if it helps what you want to do.

1 Like

I use " @cut to zone 1 " and it works perfectly

Cutting to zone 1 works as “@cut to zone 1” because episode automatically cuts to zone 1 in a scene, i’m pretty sure.
But, for me just using the @ to cut to a zone doesn’t work, I have to pan to a zone if I want it to flow

Well if you want to go straight to zone 2, without seeing zone 1 it would be " @cut to zone 2 " :slight_smile:

That doesn’t work. I’m telling you it’s not working because I’ve tried it many times. “@cut” doesn’t work, but “&cut” works. :confused:

That’s super weird.

it does work. your just probably saying it wrong causse it works for me

Honey I put my coding up there, for people to correct me. That coding was not working. That’s why I came her to ask what I was doing wrong, and the solution was “&cut”, I’m sorry that you don’t believe me.

Yeah, works for me too.
I always use @cut at the beginning if a scene, after spot directing, unless I need something else to happen at the same time. Weird that it doesn’t work for others.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.