How do you add a lot of people in the background?

So I want to put my characters in a party but, I dont know how to add lots of people on the back. How do I do that?

1 Like

I add a ton of people. Like fifty. Then I will use the previewer to move them to where I want.

1 Like

Are they your characters or random?

1 Like

Some are important and some are random.

So how do I put random people? Do I have to create them, as characters?

Yes. Or use the new fast feature where in your script you do

@randomperson (which isn’t one of your characters) starts tdrjkkiddh

Then, after you save, you can create the character.

1 Like

So putting @randomperson as many times as I want?

1 Like

Ok, so I sort of cheat this a bit because I hate coding heaps of background characters, and I upload a background with maybe 12 characters already placed, then I only need to code in 4 or 5 background characters to make the party look as if it’s packed

7 Likes

No. It needs different names every time.

1 Like

Oh. That’s an awesome idea too.

2 Likes

How do you do that?

1 Like

So put @randomperson1 and then 2 and then 3?

2 Likes

I can make the background for u. Just send the background and I’ll add the character

1 Like

Ok thanks, I will

1 Like

Not only is that an awesome idea, but people who have slow or laggy devices will love you ahahhaa.

I used to pack my backgrounds with characters but I found that I’d get a lot of fanmail saying that the scenes crashed so now I try to be more conservative.

4 Likes

Screenshot the characters doing what I want and then place them.

This is an example from one of my stories

2 Likes

Oh

Yes, I started doing this when I started using LL because not only is it exhausting to spot direct characters, but I struggled so much when testing the scene because they were so laggy!

2 Likes

Ugh limelight is the worst :sob:
So many people have told me that my LL story crashed even if there were only like 5 characters in that scene lol.

1 Like

5 characters? Yikes! That’s bad :disappointed_relieved: