How do you come up with ideas for your story?

Hey guyss!

So while I was ‘‘writing’’ my story, I noticed that I had like 0 inspiration.
LMAO maybe I did, but from other stories, but I don’t want to copy their work, y’know?
How do y’all come up with ideas for your story?
And if you are currently writing a story, let me know so I can read it!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as Community is for discussing specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

Thanks, love :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

I am currently writing a story!

Normally, I get inspiration from Atticus’ poetry and Rupi Kaur’s poetry (I am writing a drama/romance so their poems really help!)

I did get inspiration from other stories when it came to pacing my plot and with directing. Music really helps as well, if you like I can provide a playlist which I made - this is linked to my story and I listen to it to help me get more ideas on my story.

Lmao, sometimes staring into space helps too - you can catch me sometimes just twiddling with a pen in a coffee shop getting little ideas and even from people watching or the way I feel about others can inspire me (personal experiences ranging from hurt to crushing on someone).

1 Like

Yesss share that playlist with me girl!
Thank you so much for sharing, love!

2 Likes

No problemo!

So here is the playlist:

Here is my story link:

So the overall vibe of the playlist is sorta chill and indie.

I find sometimes when you are in the right mood, ideas pour out of you!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Well…I get inspiration from anything, so, I guess everything? Music helps a lot too. :relaxed:

2 Likes

And I will definitely check out your story xoxo

1 Like

Aw thanks so much, that’s so good of you!

I get inspiration from real life and the things I see around me :slight_smile:

The story I have published now is inspired by my experience at being told I would struggle to have children, it also includes bullying I witnessed others go through at school and other real life situations and it seems people enjoy that. It makes readers more engaged as they can relate to the story.

Dreams are also a good thing for inspiration! It’s amazing what our imagination can come up with whilst we sleep so it’s always a great place for story ideas.

I avoid cliche’s like the plague but that’s a personal preference, I get inspired by doing the opposite to cliche’s. :joy:

3 Likes

Omg this is so true!!

1 Like

Always keep a little notebook by your bed to write them down before you forget them!

2 Likes

What is your story called? I’m interested in reading it! <3

1 Like

That isn’t necessary, you don’t have too :slight_smile:

But if you’d like to read it, here is the link.

2 Likes

I just like stories that are all different from each other, not the stories with ‘‘the bad boy that never could fall in love, fell in love with the (quiet) MC girl.’’
I like those don’t get me wrong, I could read them all night long, but it ain’t super inspirational.
I’ve read too many of those lmaooo.

2 Likes

There are lots of stories that aren’t the usual, unfortunately they are quite often hidden away as the stories that tend to trend more are the bad boy, mafia, pregnancy stories. It takes some looking but they are there :slight_smile:

I suggest
Unconventional, Blue Lily, Tatum & Beck, Hacking Love < Romance/Drama’s
Godsend, Hidden Shadows < Fantasy
Cetrinda, The Treasure of Saint Javier < Adventure
To Be Human, Blue Lights < Mystery

Sorry, I couldn’t think of more on the spot :eyes:

2 Likes

Omg, thank you so much - normally I fumble out of bed frantically searching for.my notebook :joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Couldn’t you have written them down on your phone? :thinking: :joy:

I just thought of something else! - Prompts! Not to use at all in any way but it might just be me, sometimes I can read through story prompts and it sets my imagination going in it’s own direction and I somehow manage to have 10 different story idea’s (none related to any prompts).

3 Likes

Oh yes prompts are great! I find myself going in all directions too and I don’t know why I just love jotting my ideas on paper (even though phone is bae :joy:)

3 Likes