Hello hello! I don’t know why you say “Goodbye”, I say “Hello”. ♪♫
I’m sure a lot of us have noticed that there are many issues with what makes a love interest great in the eyes of Episode and some of its users. So I thought it’d be interesting to see what the Episode community on these forums thinks about love interests in stories and how to make them great. You’re free to answer some or all the questions below or come up with your own separate answers to this post as long as it remains on-topic. Let’s have a respectful dialogue and always seek to improve our writing, together, as a community full of avid readers and/or aspiring authors.
- What makes a love interest great?
- How can Episode and Episode users make their love interests better?
- Are there any love interests that you particularly loved? If so: What story were they in (on Episode or elsewhere)? Who were they? What did you love about them?
- Do you think about your own ideal type of romantic partner when creating a love interest? Do they resemble your real life partner or crush (if you have one)?
- How long do you usually take to build up the romance in a story you’re writing? And how do you build it up?
- Do you find yourself “falling for” the same type of love interest when reading a story? If so, what are they like?
- How much does appearance matter? Does it matter at all? If so, why do you think so?
For anyone who doesn’t know and is wondering, you’ll likely see the two letters “LI” in this thread a lot. LI stands for love interest. I thought it was worth mentioning