How do you do art?

I’ve been testing out different art programs and stuff to use it with, but I’m curious to what you guys suggest/use and what do you use it for.

Plus I’m hoping this might be more consistent and useful when other people look for this info later. I hope there isn’t another topic like this tho. I also hope this is in the right category.

For example, I’m mainly an editor (but im trying drawn art) so I use Pixlr X, PicsArt and IbisPaintX.

You can tell what you use here or use the poll.
What programs do you use?

• Krita
  • IbisPaintX
  • Pixlr
  • PicsArt
  • Gimp
  • Photoshop
  • Medibang
  • Procreate
  • Procreate Pocket
  • Other (let me know)

0 voters

Do you use a stylus?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

What programs do you suggest (you didnt have to use them.)

• Krita
    • IbisPaintX
    • Pixlr
    • PicsArt
    • Gimp
    • Photoshop
    • Medibang
    • Procreate
    • Procreate Pocket
    • Other

0 voters

How long have you been doing art?

• 1-2 months
  • 3-5 months
  • 6-8 months
  • 7-9 months
  • 10- 12 months
  • 1 1/2 year
  • 2 years
  • 2.5+ years

0 voters

Drawn or Editor?

• Drawn
  • Editor
  • Both

0 voters

If this is a dumb question, sorry but I don’t know this. Are procreate and Procreate Pocket the same thing?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If not, may you tell me why and how please :blush:?

Thank you for your time! Feel free to add more in the comments!

4 Likes

I use Autodesk sketchbook it’s really good and easy :v:t3:

3 Likes

If your drawing clip art studio is easy to learn and very good with custom brushes!

1 Like

@Nency_episode and @LemonProductions
Thank you for voting/sugegstions and I’ll be sure to keep those in mind!

I should probably update this list too w/ those suggestions.

1 Like

I love procreate as more advanced and affordable app (compared to the desktop photoshop version). For people looking for a free app to begin with I recommend autodesk sketchbook as it‘s easy to use and has a lot of good brushes. And it‘s completely free. But Procreate does take things to the next level.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

bump : D

Isn’t procreate pocket just the iPhone version of procreate?

1 Like

I’m newly using procreate, but I really recommend using sketchbook! I think it’s really easy to use and it’s free:)) :sparkles: :two_hearts: The only thing is you can’t import or create (modify) brushes.

1 Like

thats what i thought but the polls say otherwise soo more research ig ;-;

1 Like

thanks for the opinion! ive heard a lot of people suggesting me this so ill definetly check it out

1 Like

Procreate is made for ipads, and procreate pocket is made for iphones.

1 Like

Well yes but are the brushes and usuage different? or it is like procreate but just on phone?

1 Like

It is a phone version of procreate :blush:. Idk about the brushes and etc…, i am still using ibispaint :grimacing:

1 Like

thats fine! i was going to get procreate pocketr since i dont have a tablet but i wasnt sure of how different they were

1 Like

They’re not that different, I have procreate and some of my friends have procreate pocket, you can still do brushes and stuff but there is a lack of features, they’re making it better day by day though, I think the only reason procreate costs so much is because it’s us specifically made for iPad and not phone.

1 Like

but its basically the same thing right? like procreate features are still applicable to pocket (sorry for the questions; i was thinking about getting it but i want to know what im getting from it)

1 Like

It really depends on what kind of art are you doing. If you are familiar and confident about ur art u could afford a procreate. If not try to stick to IbispaintX. It’s free and rasiert to use if you are a beginner or someone who draws in their free time. I would suggest buying art apps for somehow who wants to take it seriously and not just waste their money

1 Like

Yes, like a year ago they didn’t have the features they have now. It’s improving and it’s very similar now.

1 Like

Yes, i agree. Im a beginner so I was going to do ibispaintx for a few months to get a feel then if i like it then go to procreate pocket but i just wanted some info now

1 Like