How do you draw the hair on ibis paint?

Can you help me?

-How do you draw the hair on ibis paint?
-Which brushes do you use?
-etc
Thanks!!!

4 Likes

There’s many ways, I’m curious how others do it but my “go to” is the pen fade brush.
Make the base shape. Then make a layer over it with the highlights. Also when you do like the “light effect” highlights or I suppose any, I find it easier to use the fx tool, (change drawing color).
Another thing I do, is I turn the stabilizer off and use the fade at 40%. Oh man I suck at explaining lol but play with those and layers, you might come out with something. Lol so sorry! I’m thinking of creating a hair video. There’s tons on YouTube that are helpful though! I had initially started there for ideas and then found my own way. Depends also on what kind of art style. You can make them look more realistic or more INK like style. Hmm maybe I can send an example of my kind of hair styles maybe you might like them and I can show you how i do it in screen shots lol

And don’t refer to my pro pic lol that’s not how I’d draw my hair lol that was just to put a pic up

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll try to do it :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello I’m Leslie! I try to help out as best as I can :sweat_smile::two_hearts:
-How do you draw the hair on ibis paint? I’ll show step by step
-Which brushes do you use? Round brush real
First I add Base Color and go to select it so it.
Then I set the layer mode to add and with the round brush real I :arrow_heading_down:

I add a new layer and set the layer mode to add again and this time just go around the middle. Lower the layer’s opacity if you want <3

After that I get a darker color of the base and start from the edges to midway middle :upside_down_face: or something like this :arrow_heading_down:

Feel free to go back and add more highlights

Hope this helps :upside_down_face: have a good day and if you need explanation on some stuff I mentioned please don’t be scared to ask!

20 Likes

Dang girlđź‘Ś Thanks!! Always looking for different ways to do hair!

3 Likes

Omg thanks I’ll try it as well!!!

2 Likes

Well Leslie’s is probably more efficient I’m still playing around with all the stuff on ibis lol but I suppose everyone has their own style. None of my hairs look the same lol
This one I’m currently working on is with the stabilizer off and using the fade at 40%. Had to cut off the rest of the picture bc I’m still working on it

Summary

And these other ones are different ways I’ve made hair and they all come out different bc I did different ways lol

Summary

I’m definitely going to give Leslie’s way a try! Looks pretty! :heart_eyes:

There’s these YouTube’s;

4 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

ouu imma probably try this as well hopefully i dont flop again BAHAHAHA sksk :skull::skull:

5 Likes

lmao you can do it, I believe in you Patrick :rofl:

4 Likes

Please post your attempt I would like to see lol

2 Likes

maybe :rofl: if it flops too hard i probably won’t out of embarrassment hahhaha :skull::skull:

3 Likes

Lol nooooo!!! Pretty pweaaase!! I’ll post my horrible attempt too! We will all learn Leslie’s wizardly hair drawing ways together! Lol hmm although I need an outline to practice with and I suck at drawing outlines! :sob::sneezing_face:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I can’t promise anything :grimacing: But I have some outlines you can use if you want lmfaooo but I’m not good at outlining either so

1 Like

Lol!! Yes please! I’d love to use one of your outlines to practice on. I hope I don’t put it to shame lol

2 Likes

I’ve seen your outlines and they are amazing!

2 Likes

“to shame” lmfao as if. here :blue_heart: :skull:

2 Likes

That’s sweet, thank you :joy::relaxed::gift_heart::gift_heart:

1 Like

Mmmm that’s fantastic :unamused::roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes