How do you feel about about a middle school based story?

One of my friends is considering writing a story taking place in a middle school. Most stories I’ve read on Episode have character as adult or in high school so I want have outside opinions. My friend knows about it so it’s okay to give your honest opinion. Ty for answering and I hope you have a good day/night :blush:.

3 Likes

Ok ty

Really I didn’t know. Do you know why?

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t find exactly where it says, but the youngest a main character can be is 14, and a character must be 16 to have any intimate relationships. A MC aged 14-15 can have a crush or boyfriend/girlfriend, but not do anything sexual. That’s why all of the stories have MCs aged 16+, so they can have implicit sex lmao.

So you could write a story that takes place at the tail end of eighth grade, but if it’s a romance, it has to be very chaste.

As for why, I guess it has something to do with protection of children, real or imaginary, although there’s nothing inherently bad about writing about a child as long as they’re not sexualised in any way. I guess Episode makes the rules and would rather not push the envelope haha.

4 Likes

okay ty so much :blush:. I’ll let my friend know.

1 Like

no. i wouldn’t read it. nothing happens in middle school.

2 Likes

Really depends, because romance per say would be against the guidelines.
Although, you could write a story with a lot of flash backs and talk about how her middle school life influenced her adult life? Or what she thought adulthood would be like vs what is was actually like.
So…depends on the overall plot, for me at least.

1 Like

Except… Relationship drama between 12 yr olds :joy:

4 Likes

If you’re doing a story about surviving middle school and a lot of drama, then it’s a perfect idea. But 13-year-olds don’t hook up or have sex. Most of them have not even had their first kiss yet so IDK.

2 Likes

I kind of disagree, if you were in my last middle school, I would go outside walking home and 12 yr olds were kissing or talking about kissing and they were talking abut smoking.

3 Likes

Daaaaamn

2 Likes

It really depends on what the story is about in my opinion. If its a good story line then I would definitely read it

2 Likes

Well… in middle school I mostly did stupid stuff and had fun. If it’s a comedy than I guess it’s fine but I’d feel really weird if this will be romance for example.

2 Likes

Uh… my story is called Diary of a Middle School Teacher, but the main character is the teacher, and even though the seventh graders have important roles in the story, it doesn’t revolve around them. There are lots of scenes that show how the kids interact with each other and their teacher, how they deal with things going on at home, and other issues in school. So, it all depends on how you write it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.