How do you feel about secondary characters Spin-offs?

In the story I’m currently working on, there are some secondary characters I love, and have developed their backstories. I was thinking of making their own stories later on, although it won’t even be in the same genre as my current story. Could these be interesting spin-offs? Or should I start fresh with new characters?

I should note that I would include some of my current story’s characters in the spin-offs, even though they wouldn’t be the main focus.

9 Likes

If you want to to do it, then you can! I think that’s a cool idea!

2 Likes

I personally love spinoffs

2 Likes

Thats such a cool idea, I love that! I would for sure read it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I just wouldn’t want it to confusing, or not considered as “spin-off” of my current story because of the differences between them :sweat_smile:

Haha, me too!! Though I’ve haven’t seen many authors doing them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awee, thank you!! I appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m gonna write one for my story! :rofl: I love them especially if I really like a story!

2 Likes

Exactly!! I feel like its better than doing a sequel because you don’t have to strictly follow the first story for it to make sense, it could also be read as an independent story :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly!!! That’s why I favor them over sequels too.

1 Like

Yep!! hahaha

I was thinking of doing that for one my characters in my current story after I finished it. I would maybe want to do that for one of my side characters.

You should definitely do that the side characters and secondary characters deserve a spotlight into their own story like a spin off or something that happened in your current story that you haven’t real shown can be the spin off.

1 Like

Basically like bringing the cast back together but into the life of secondary characters spin off version?

1 Like

Do you mean starting over everything no I wouldn’t I think a spin off is great you should continue the characters you love writing not start over completely

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what I was thinking, to leave certain things “unsaid” and have them play out in a spin-off. I’ve only seen miss_mj doing it, so I wasn’t sure if people didn’t like it, or authors just move on after they’re done with a story. I’d definitely like to see more spin-offs on episode lol

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, I meant like start a new story (or maybe a similar one) with new characters

1 Like

same I would like to see the life of side characters rather its there future or past that we haven’t seen or anything that’s unside like you said earlier. Maybe some authors can just move on quickly and do a new story that’s them everyone is different some people might like spin off and seeing something from previous characters in your current story and seeing a different POV of secondary characters nothing wrong with it. You just love developing the characters and the story even more and want to continue the spin off

1 Like

Oh, it’s up to you how you feel.
If I really like a character in one story of mine and didn’t show all of what the character was going through or there POV because it seems like everyone just wants be about the MC then you can do a spin off or if you want to start with new characters and similar to old ones that fine but I would work with the ones I have and continue the spin off in my opinion and make the new story something different not same or similar to previous one.

1 Like

Sorry for writing a long paragraph :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha, that’s okay! And I understand, I just wanted to know so I can plan for it better, and make sure to leave gaps that would be explained in the spin-offs. But mostly I wanted to see if this was something people would read because I like the idea, but you know, we can be biased with our own stuff and maybe I was the only one that felt that way lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like