How do you feel about stories with no CC?

• I would not read a story with no CC
  • I would read it but I couldn’t appreciate it 100%
  • I don’t care about CC

0 voters

I’d also like to know what you think about it AND what you think about stories where you only get to customize something about your characters → in that case, what is something that you’d NEED to customize to be happy?

You can’t possibly please everyone lol. If you don’t give a cc - people will complain. If you give limited cc - people will complain. If you give full cc - people still will find something to complain about. Just go with what you prefer. After all, you’re the author and it’s your story.

10 Likes

I was just curious about your opinions
I for examples I never do CC because I need to associate every story to the MC

1 Like

ofc, everyone likes what they likes :grin: no fault in that

2 Likes

I totally agree with @heart.creates. :wink: For myself I don’t care about CC. As long as your storyline and plot are interesting and captivating, I will read your story. As long you have a good reason, why you don’t add CC I don’t mind if you have no CC. If you have no CC, warn your readers beforehand and give a good reason (A good reason is for example: ‘I have too many overlays, CC would only make it messier’. Bad reason is for example: ‘I don’t CC, because I am too lazy for it.’).

2 Likes

Personally stories with no customization disappoint me and to me, customization is one of the best parts of an Episode story, and I highly recommend adding it to your story, especially since it will please readers. If you don’t add customization, then readers could complain about it. But of course, it’s your story and I have no control over what you do.

1 Like

Truth :rofl:

2 Likes

I could not care less about CC as I’m usually way too lazy to use it, and I’d rather follow the author’s vision of their own characters.

As it was previously said, you will never please everyone, so just do what feels right to you and your story ! Readers can become very entitled when it comes to CC unfortunately. I find it very sad that some people would not read stories that don’t have it ; imagine missing out on an amazing story just because you can’t change your characters facial features.

Plus the lack (or limitation) of CC can add some diversity in my opinion, I feel like most people like to use it so they can get rid of the least conventionally attractive features (bigger noses, droopy eyes, thin lips, stuff like that).

4 Likes

I’m currently writing my first story, and it’s kind of too late to do CC for it. I’m not so sure about using codes for this, I just think it’ll be too overwhelming to write, and keep with continuity based on the possible combinations. I’d rather keep it simple.

4 Likes