How do you get the camera to follow your character through a spot direction?

Hey guys! :blush:
I’m new to episode and currently writing my first story and on the second episode of writing it so please excuse how dumb I may sound.
I have been looking on the here for help but all of the conversations are closed so I haven’t been able to ask additional questions and its really frustrating me.
What I wanted to do was get the camera to follow my character to exit the room in a spot direction but alot of people are saying do something like this :

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in zone # in T

I understand the spot % x y in zone # bit but I don’t understand what the T means in spot % x y in zone # in T.

It would really mean alot if someone could help me with both of these things :grin:
I really hope I made sense :confounded:

1 Like

@follow CHARACTER to spot (numbers) in zone _ in T

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it involves coding/scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

I think T means time :slight_smile:

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I hope I don’t sound stupid but does time mean seconds or a completely different thing?:confounded:

1 Like

No you are not stupid, yeah I think so I never tried it but I saw people talked about it :slight_smile:

okay thank you I will have a go at it and tell you what happens :blush:

1 Like

You can’t follow to the spot, unfortunately…

1 Like

Damn… That would’ve made life so much easier for everyone :T Do you prehaps know a solution @Apes?

Use:
&pan to zone # in T
@CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in zone # in T

1 Like

So how does other authors manage to do it then ?
Ive seen many people do it :thinking:

1 Like

Use @Apes solution.

I will give it a go, thank you!:blush:

Example above :slight_smile:

You can use follow command if character is walking to default positions like:
@follow CHARACTER to screen right in zone 3

My character is supposed to be a 10 year old child and I tried doing @follow SKYLAR to screen right in zone 2 but it makes her look like a fully grown adult :thinking:

1 Like

You have to use spot walking then

Use:

@pan to zone (number) in 2

@CHARACTER walks to spot (numbers) in zone (number) in (number of seconds eg: 2)

Apes has done it this way (her example is above)

Do you want me to make a script template for you?