How do you guys feel about Bad Boys stories and Gang stories?

How do you guys feel about Bad Boys stories and Gang stories?

3 Likes

Kinda cliche but it depends on if it’s the same basic version. If it has interesting and unique content then I’ll keep reading

1 Like

Well I’ve been working on my own gang/mafia so I really like gang/mafia stories, I enjoy the bad boy stories too.

1 Like

I personally like it. I hear it’s cliche, but then again, I know a lot of people like that. A lot of readers like it and it’s very common in most popular stories.

Would you like it if the guy was a good person, but did bad shit?

1 Like

I hate it but sometimes it matters how you do it. Realistically, it’s fine but if it’s cliche, I’m not gonna like it. At all. People just usually make it cliche and it’s annoying. They continuously sexualize the two and make them romantic when it isn’t. Bad boys aren’t good people, they are manipulators and jerks. Gangs aren’t safe at all nor are gang leaders. Honestly, whoever makes the stories where the bad boy or gangs or both are portrayed as “so cute and romantic” need to do correct research and talk with someone with common sense because that’s just wrong. :nauseated_face: People shouldn’t be encouraged to get involved with those things period!!

8 Likes

It depends honestly. I’ve read alot of stories on both topics

Not gonna lie I was a huge fan those kind of stories, but now it’s just the same thing over and over again…

3 Likes

They’re rarely done correctly, and then they’re also overdone.

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Hate them tbh. No offence to anyone who enjoys them, they’re just not my cup of tea.

4 Likes

Bump

a lot of people talk about cliche bad boy stories. let’s say they weren’t bad. they did bad things. good people. I know so many people who are actually like that. gangs are true. people disagreeing with laws are true. especially when the gang stories are also fictional. i’m making an action/romance, if it’s fictional, would that be okay?

they are overdone

2 Likes

Too much. Please try something refreshing and new.

3 Likes

I’m so over both of them. No one ever does anything unique or realistic with them.

The bad boy cliche has got to go. Every single one I’ve tried has the “bad boy” being a jerk or outright abusive, and the girl loves him anyway because he has a sympathetic backstory that somehow makes it all okay. He’s just misunderstood. And even if she does get fed up and breaks up with him, he “changes” for her and she ends up back with him anyway. I would give my left kidney if someone could write a story where the bad boy gets whats coming to him, and the girl realizes he’s an abusive SOB and dumps him, and never, ever goes back. But alas - as long as this formula is promoted, things won’t be changing. We’re stuck with these stories that borderline or OUTRIGHT recommend women stay with abusers because otherwise the abuser will be sad and lonely.

The gang stories are essentially the same things. Everyone isn’t really bad, they’re just misunderstood, and people should forgive them because they had hard lives. At least give me a little realism!

3 Likes

I think bad boys are good when they’re done well. They’re just rarely done well on Episode. So many people just copy what’s popular!

Gang members? I don’t find them attractive or interesting. Breaking the law isn’t sexy :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

They can all go the fuck away. I am completely sick of those stories.

2 Likes

Same.

1 Like

I feel that the girls writing them need to stop getting their inspiration and copying these teen dramas they watch.

1 Like