How do you handle choices?

I like to choose my answers based on how I would in real life. I always like to see if my honest answers would screw me up in the long run when playing ppls stories. Sometimes I find myself thinking long and hard on a choice like it’s really going to affect me foreal lol those are the best kind! How do you guys go about choices?

4 Likes

I always try to choose what I feel fits the characters personality the most. But if I can’t decide which choice does, I do what you do and base my choice on how I would in real life.
I tend to get really hung up on choices that matter, too. I’m terrified of screwing up hahah

1 Like

I’m reckless with my choices. I know it’s just fiction.

2 Likes

lol sometimes I think it’s a nice touch when bad things happen.

1 Like

lol not reckless!! I can’t be reckless I be trying to think them through. :joy:

1 Like

I can’t help myself sometimes. Don’t let it be a petty choice! Because I’m choosing it!

2 Likes

Yesssssss!! I actually think that I read a story that had a consequence for being petty :thinking::thinking: I’m not too sure.

1 Like

I’m weak- I always pick the nice choice ;-;

Edit : except when it comes to romance options then I always pick the one that breaks the LI’s heart :imp:

Lol oh so you’re just a heartbreaker

2 Likes

If it’s like

What should U do?

Forgive your best friend

Or tell her it’s over.

Im straight up going to tell this bitvh that its over

1 Like

lol yep especially them two-faced ones :woman_facepalming:t5: Idk why the option to forgive those types be an option.

1 Like

Depends on the story. If it’s something like fantasy or action where the stakes are always high, I’m like “Wait… Hold on… I gotta- I gotta think this though. I have to strategize. This is life or death for my girl.” If the mc is at like school or something, it’s just me going “And? What are you going to do, Bad Boy TM? Kill me? Yeah, that’s what I thought. [picks petty option]”

1 Like

Same!! I choose choices based on what I would want to do in that situation rather than what I feel like might drive the story forward.
That’s what pisses me off about some of the stories on here - they put the realistic choices behind a gem paywall so I’m forced to choose a decision I freaking hate. I’m looking at you, Pitch Perfect! WHO GOES TO AN AUDITION IN A TOWEL!?!
When I write, I like to give as many choices as possible and make them as realistic as possible. I just feel like that’s a good way to get people invested - if they can see themselves doing something in a certain way, they’re more interested in seeing the outcome. <3

1 Like

I’m usually That Guy who goes for the options I think will lead to the biggest trainwreck in the end. I like trying for twisted/unhappy endings, but unfortunately not many writers include them.

1 Like

LOL!!! Even if your MC is likeable? You want to see a good person unhappy?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: That was too funny!

1 Like

Lol and if they’re both in highschool? Do you go off of Gpa then :thinking::thinking: That’s understandable though, can’t have a spouse that’ll have you living in a box under a bridge!

Yep, I do the same ‘logical’ reasoning to pick what I think is best like in I would do in real life. Unless it has a point system then I would pick which would give me points.
If it was a reaction / emotion choice I just go with whatever I’m feeling that time (mix between weak and fierce) … But I love it when the author puts a really weird choice for example if the MC met someone new and the choices are something like : 1- Say hi. 2- Hey Cutie. 3- OMG I WANA SNOG YOU!!
Yea, I never pick that choice but it lets me laugh so hard when I read it. :joy::joy:

1 Like

when there is a choice in a story I’m just like:
Omg now I have to choose!? but What if I choose the wrong one?! what if they don’t like me ?! dammit!

1 Like

Yes. I know what I’m about. :sunglasses:

1 Like