How do you make a character jump really high?

Hey so I want to make an superhero story buut…I dont know how can make my superhero characters jump really high or run sonic fast…I need help!

1 Like

I’m not sure about the “jumping high” but for the running fast maybe try putting less time for example: @CHARCTER walks to screen center in zone 1 in 1 AND CHARCATER does it while run_super_speed_loop and to make it even faster you can maybe lower the time like 0.50?

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

For jumping really high, you’d have to make them “walk” to a spot that’s seemingly quite far from their prior spot while they do the jump animation. E.g:

@CHARACTER walks to spot s x y in zone # in # AND CHARACTER faces left/right AND CHARACTER does it while jump_happy_loop THEN CHARACTER starts second_animation AND CHARACTER faces left/right

You have to mess with the timing though so it fits the scene well, maybe 1 second or 0.8 or something (I’m not sure) because it is a loop animation instead of a single jump animation, unless you want to use one of the cheer_jump animations. 🤷

You’d apply the same principle to running really fast, you’d just have to use a running animation instead of a jumping one (and obviously different coordinates).

There is another method you could use to amplify the jump and running though and that’s by using overlay backgrounds that move at the same time as the walking to the spot whilst doing an animation happens. E.g the overlay is a blurred (doesn’t have to be blurred though) background that shifts at the same time the character runs to make them appear that much faster, or shifts down as the character jumps.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Tyvm!

1 Like