How do you make characters bump into eachother?

Okay I’ll try that do I put it in the same line? like same sentence?

Okay I will try that thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes

Yeah it won’t let me I’m trying to fix the error that it’s telling me it still won’t work :frowning_face:

After andres enters to screen center move eliana to the second line so like this
&eliana is shove etc &andres is shove etc

1 Like

@character enters from left to screen center AND character enters from right to screen center AND character is animation AND character is animation

But I believe the characters will be sliding.

But you can try that ^

Also make sure to put the character’s name in uppercase letters and do not put () over the animations.

Welcome to the forums.

Also remove the () symbols.

1 Like

I tried to do that but won’t let me I tried without the symbols and symbols

I would help you make a script but it’s late over here.

But for now you can read on how to enter.

I found another helpful thread

Yeah it doesn’t let me it’s acting weird, but if you’re able to help me I would really appreciate it you can always message me on my IG. Thank you so much for trying to help I appreciate it :pleading_face:

1 Like

No problem, but I know someone who can maybe help.

@Hon3y_Be3

1 Like

@aze_nieve puts a lot of faith in me :joy: :blob_hearts:

@marielepisode are you having trouble with the actual code on how to make two characters bump into eachother or is it about an error?

2 Likes

from what I can see in the code, you don’t have the word “is” before they perform the animation, which is most likely why nothing is working. for example:

ANDRES is shove_argument_receive_angry

Not sure if this will help.

1 Like

You forgot the is before the animation.

Honestly both I’m kind of new to all this so I don’t know the actual code to make them bump that’s why I asked for help, but now it keeps telling me “error”

1 Like

Basically, from what I can see is you’ve left out the word “is” before the animations and also the word “and” before ELIANA.

I’ve done up two versions of the code for you, one that uses basic directing which uses things such as “enters from right to screen center” and also one with spot directing which uses “spot % X Y in zone #”

both are decent, I personally prefer spot directing since it looks slightly better, however it is your choice. I’ve already changed the character names to yours as well just remove the / before ELIANA.
Eliana’s name will look like this with the @ symbols:
@/Hon3y_Be3

So remove the / like this:
@Hon3y_Be3

And that’s all you’ll need to change :slight_smile: :blob_hearts:

BASIC DIRECTING

&ANDRES enters from right to screen center
@/ELIANA enters from left to screen center

&ANDRES starts shove_argument_receive_angry
@/ELIANA is shove_argument_receive_angry

&ELIANA walks to spot 1.280 95 -5 in zone 1 in 1 and ELIANA does it while walk_neutral_backward_loop and ELIANA faces right

@ANDRES walks to spot 1.280 258 12 in zone 1 in 1 and ANDRES does it while walk_neutral_backward_loop and ANDRES faces left

SPOT DIRECTING

&pan to zone 2 in 4
&ANDRES spot 1.122 68 97 in zone 3 and ANDRES moves to layer 3
@/ELIANA spot 1.109 -55 80 in zone 1 and ELIANA moves to layer 3

&ANDRES walks to spot 1.122 196 96 in zone 2 in 3
@/ELIANA walks to spot 1.109 117 85 in zone 2 in 3

&ANDRES starts shove_argument_receive_angry
@/ELIANA is shove_argument_receive_angry

&ELIANA walks to spot 1.109 79 85 in zone 2 in 1 and ELIANA does it while walk_neutral_backward_loop and ELIANA faces right

@ANDRES walks to spot 1.122 246 95 in zone 2 in 1 and ANDRES does it while walk_neutral_backward_loop and ANDRES faces left

2 Likes

Of course I do :joy::rose:

1 Like

Oh my god, Thank you so so much! it finally worked I appreciate the help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

anytime :blob_hearts: