How do you make your overlay move?!

My current script:
@VALERIE spot 1.121 256 96 in zone 2 and VALERIE is idle_sit_anklescrossed_sad_loop and VALERIE faces left
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE create
@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE shifts to 202 145 in zone 2
@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE scales to 0.466 0.466
@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE opacity 1

1 Like

If you’re trying to move it side-to-side/up-and-down, you will need to place it on screen the way you have here, and then pick the spot you want to move it to. Let’s say you want it to move to 0 0 in zone 2, you would code like this:

@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 2

If you want it to rotate, you will need to use the rotate command described here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004232234-Advanced-Directing-Overlay-Animations

@VALERIE spot 1.121 256 96 in zone 2 and VALERIE is idle_sit_anklescrossed_sad_loop and VALERIE faces left
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@overlay MAGIC.OVERLAY.BLUE scales to 2.495 2.495 in zone 2 in 2 <When I do this and make my overlay bigger it works EXCEPT it moves away from the original spot.

its because the defaut anchor point is in left low corner. You eill need to change the anchor point to the centre of the overlay

&overlay NAME rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0

you will need to spot it again because once you change the anchor point it will look like the overlay is on different place

here you have everything about animating overlays

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.