How do you paint clothes? šŸ„ŗāœØ

Hey! Soooo I suck at painting but especially struggle painting clothes :sneezing_face: Anyone know/has any tutorial about how to paint clothes or has any tips about brushes or whatever? I use Ibis Paint X btw :nerd_face:
Please someone answer :sneezing_face::pleading_face:

I donā€™t know if this is the right category to post this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@lucylu @BlueSnowflake09 @Kulfi2017

2 Likes

Hey, I would helpā€¦ but I use Procreate so not sure I would be very usefulā€¦ sorry. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks though, for tagging me.

2 Likes

No problem! Thank you anyways :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

I dont use bis, but I pick two colors one color I use as base, then a lighter on top, and then a smuge the colours of the clothing

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing but they donā€™t seem to blend completely and Idk why :sob:

THEY DONā€™T SMUDGE šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I usually take a base color then make a darker and lighter shade of it and make like a palette thingy on a layer (I donā€™t what to call it :joy:) I use dip pen soft for the base color btw, You could just use the bucket fill option too! Make a new layer above the base color and use the darker shade to cover the corners and places where the shadows should be and then blur the layer using Gaussian blur effect so it blends in

Then on another layer, I use the lighter shades and add it the places where the light falls or where itā€™s supposed to be lighter (Iā€™m so bad at explaining :joy:) and then smudge it in or just use the Gaussian blur effect

1 Like

I will try that! Thank you :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Ummm what is the Gaussian blur effect? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

when you go to filter, click on ā€œblurā€ below and then you get different blurring options and thereā€™s one as ā€œGaussian blurā€ so click on it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I usually only use the ā€œairbrush triangleā€ brush. It works like magic with the opacity set down to 70%.
And I use around 4-5 shades of the color (donā€™t smudge it)

2 Likes

Ohk! Tnx will try that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ok! Will try this too :nerd_face: