How do you respond to mean fanmail? Should you just ignore the comments?

I’ve been an episode author for about a month now and most of the people sending in fanmail are absolute darlings, and then there are passive-aggressive and rude ones, my first reaction was to be salty as hell but then I read some of these types of articles and it was mentioned that people may stop reading for that. Do I ignore it or do I reply? I’ve blocked a few but you can tell they just change user names… So what am I meant to do?

5 Likes

heyy in order for u to still have those readers i recommend that you answer but give a neutral reply so that they continue reading and u dont loose reads

2 Likes

okay, thank you for the advice :))

2 Likes

I think you can block certain users from messaging entirely. If not, just ignore them. Also, people stop reading for a rude author, I’m sure readers have no problem with you responding sarcastically to a rude comment. I’d personally find it really funny!

4 Likes

If they’re especially rude, I just ignore the message, but if it’s just blunt I try to give a positive response!

3 Likes

wait… you guyzz are getting fanmails :sob: :sob:
Now getting to the topic…you will get different type of readers and this is a normal thing to come across some not so nice readers too… Ignoring is also a good option but instead if you reply their messages with whatever you want to say them is better but keep in mind to use nice words… Not to sound annoyed or angry… In other words you need to tell them to shut up in a nice way :joy: :joy: :joy:
I don’t know if my opinion is helpful but who knows :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

Ofc🖤

1 Like

It suck to get mean fanmail, I recomand not to reply imidtly, and even if you do you can always edit it.

Personally I think what works best is to be polite, but put the blame onto them. dont say sorry, they are in the wrong, so talk to them like its their own fault there is a problem.

exampel
I hate your story and the MC is ugly
I am dispointed to hear you dont like the story and how I disign my charactire. if you dont like my story I do recomand reading something els.

this is one of my own bad one, and what I replied.

my worst fanmail

2 Likes

it was thank you <3

2 Likes

they do realise Englsih is told to be the hardest language??

2 Likes

Glad to know that :heart:

2 Likes

I dont think its the hardest, all landguages have things wrong about, you wont belive the nightmare there is Danish numbers.

2 Likes

I can barely speak one language I don’t have the talent for another :rofl:

3 Likes

I guess it depends, if it has absolutely no substance, I’d probably ignore it. But if it’s something that sounds rude but does have a point, I’d try to reply (politely ofc)

1 Like

If I were an author and I had to witness paPosterous behaviour if just say shush u stink u can’t prove u can’t stink therefore it would be classed as emotional damage