How do you use inputed names by readers in coding?

Hello!!

I was having some trouble figuring out how to use the name chosen by the reader in coding.

How would I use the name inputed in dialogue and Narrator scenes, because anytime I try to use the: FIRST NAME (animation)
(Or)
NARRATOR (FIRST NAME)

It comes up saying script error.

Example-
So, my name is Jazmine, and here’s a story I’m reading (called “Through The Worlds” by Ksenia//WHICH I 100% RECOMMEND!! It is so good!!:)) but, how do I make it so that the main Character’s name pops up like mines below? All of the YouTube videos say to just put the main Character’s name as “You” but I would like it to be the name imputed by the reader.// If that makes sense…

a

YOU
My name is [NAME].

Script Name: YOU
Display Name: NAME

For example. Script name is written in script so like YOU (animation) while the display name is what the reader sees (on top of the speechbubble). To see it show up in text as well can write [NAME] in dialogue (basing it on what was used in the naming input).

NAME and YOU are just examples from so many. Other examples:

Display Name: YOU

Script Name: NAME
Display Name: NAME

Display Name: JASMINE

Script Name: JASMINE
Display Name: JASMINE

Script Name: JEM
Display Name: JEM

And so many more!

So,

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (DISPLAY NAME)

to repeat, replace DISPLAY NAME in the naming input with anything you want to use (NAME, YOU, JEM, etc.)

#Example:

If you make a character called JEM with the same display name and script name and write:

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (JEM)

If the reader types EMILY, they’ll see Emily.

In the script:

JEM
Hey, I’m [JEM].

What the reader sees:

EMILY
Hey I’m Emily.