How does a story get featured?

I am wondering how does a story get featured? Also how do reads count? One chapter is one read or?

1 Like

It helps to submit it to a contest! Right now, the Magicka contest is going on. Click here to check it out and see the rules for submitting your story! If your story makes it, it will be featured on the Magicka Contest shelf sometime within the next month most likely!
If you want to get paid for your stories, you must be 18+. Go to the Portal and click the Payments tab to learn more.
If you want Episode to make your story official, I believe that you have to be 16+ or 18+. Then again, I may be wrong. However, your story MUST follow all or almost all of the guidelines. I remember finding a post on how they evaluate how good your story is, it has something to do with readers per chapter overtime. I’ll see if I can find it for you later! Episode is looking out for stories to feature all the time, so try and spread your story to others as much as possible!

I am 36 lol so age is not an issue and would love to know more so pls do post those informations if you find them. P.s. my story is mystery story so it wouldn’t fit into the contest.
P.s. thx for helping out

2 Likes

If you mean featured on a shelf, Episode usually chooses stories with high reader retention, so this is something we don’t know much about and we don’t have influence on. Besides this, they always post new shelf themes on their Insta, so if you know any stories (even yours) that would fit, you can recommend it there and Episode might check it out.

And yes, one chapter means one read.

4 Likes

reader retention there we go! thank you i couldn’t remember what it was called exactly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So basicly i can’t even dream about getting my story featured without tons of reads if i got it right.

1 Like

What frustrates me is that i think to have a interesting story plot and advanced directing was used to create it. I really studied before posting cause i am a perfectionist lol. But i have very little reads cause my story is 7 k and some in story line up. Nobody will ever find it. I try to do some r4r here plus i don’t have insta so its really hard and it makes me sad :frowning:

1 Like

I was wondering how many reads do i need to have to have my story lets say among first 100 in mystery section?

1 Like

to be honest, getting featured isn’t as great as it may seem. Typically you will converse with Episode and they will add a lot of diferent things and change your story and add gem choices that are expensive af xd
Try and enter a contest in the future or just spread the word! I’ll be willing to help!

2 Likes

That really depends by genre. Check the genre in community stories and see what some of the highest have for reads.

I expressed badly that is not what i am interested in. What i was reffering to are the stories they reccomend so people see it sooner.

1 Like

As for spreading the word i try to post my story here in threads and i created a post that promotes it. I also do r4r. Anything else i might do that might help me get more reads?
P.s. you’ve been super nice thx and i am more then willing to accept your help if you think my story is worth it.

1 Like

Sorry, my apologies. I understand you want it to get featured, that’s why I said to check the different genre tabs. That I believe is what you are talking about. That’s where Episode uses the ranking system to reccommend stories in a mix of most reads and best stories. That’s also why I said the best thing you can do to get it high on that list is to spread awareness about your story and possibly enter a future contest if you are willing to do so. Even if your story doesn’t make a Contest Shelf, Episodians are looking for stories in the contest to read which will get it more known. Additionally, if Episode sees your story but doesn’t think it is fit for the contest shelf, but is still fabulous, they may put it high on the mystery community stories (where you want it) or on another shelf.

sorry i gtg to orchestra

It’s not so much about reads and more about having a handful of people reading at once. Like of you update with a new episode and people all read it over the course of that day, it will put you higher up on the ranks :slightly_smiling_face: I have a mystery story with 5k reads and it got to about 60 when I updated. Another one has 8k and it usually sits around the 100 mark even though I haven’t updated since October

4 Likes

Oh i didn’t know that. But how can one make a handful of people read at once? I guess it can only be luck! Was it hard for you too to get reads in the begening and what did you do to have that many reads?

1 Like

By updating. Even if it feels like you don’t have many readers, as long as you still update for them, they’ll eventually spread the word and tell their friends to read and your story will grow naturally

It was so hard. My very first story didn’t get more than 67 reads for about 6 months. The mystery stories I was referring to did get more reads initially because they were part of a contest.

This is a bit subjective. First of all, I’ve made a lot of friends and enemies in the community. So friends read my story because they want to support me and enemies read it to see what I’m doing. The other thing that helps is that I try to find ways to make it engaging outside of episode. Like by showing sneak peeks. I have a friend who makes trailers for upcoming episodes too, so people can see what’s coming up. One story was featured so it did get a boost of readers from that also

2 Likes

What’s your story called?

1 Like

Here is my story
Title: Looking for Skylar
Author: AlaLala
Genre: Mystery
Episodes: 5 (more coming soon)
Summary: You wake up covered in blood and you can’t remember who you are nor what happened to you. Will you ever remember? (character customization)
Style: Limelight
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602949994872832

3 Likes

I never had instagram not even for personal use so i wouldn’t know how to start.
Did you do r4r in the begening?
In order to make friends and enemies you were active here in forum or?
As for updating i usually have one epidode ready in a week.
I was slow at the begening because i was still learning all directing comands an being a perfectionist i wanted it all to work perfectly. Now its easier cause i know a lot of stuff.

1 Like