How does this custom name ID & character photo work?

I was reading the story “SQUAD: Lost In New York” by Nettie and the author allowed us to customize our character’s look as well as the character’s name.

What caught my attention was a scene in the story where students are loading inside the bus and showing their ID and the ID was customized with whichever name the reader typed in.

For example, I typed in “Ariana Wilson” as my name in the very beginning of the story when customizing my character and that exact name showed up on my ID card. It also showed a pose of the character even if the default looks were altered and I was amazed by that as well.

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I was really fascinated by how the author did it. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! :two_hearts: :two_hearts:
For the name, they probably used a text overlay, learn more here:

The entire thing is probably an overlay, and they just placed the character behind it.
2 Likes

The name is a text overlay

The photo of your character is the actual character onscreen behind an overlay doing a pose animation

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you for for reading my story! :heart_eyes:
Yes, I searched up a lot of the stuff on Dara Marie’s web page. Best advice ever! And also google it, you’ll never believe what you’ll find online. :wink:

1 Like

Ahh! I love your story btw! The directing and everything about it is just absolutely AMAZING

1 Like

Thank you! It took endless hours to make these chapters perfect. So I’m happy you noticed the work that went into it.