How does this work? Please help!

So I’m writing a story and I’m really confused so when I’m doing “@pan to zone 1” how does that work? Do I put “@pan to zone 1” and then the room beside it or?

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. You use pans to do a sliding transition from one zone in your background to another. So say you are in zone 3 and want to change to zone 1 moving through the zone rather than jumping to it. There you would use @pan to zone 1 to move the screen to zone 1. This will only move to a scene within the background you are using.

1 Like

I didn’t know that there were more than 1 zone but what I’m wondering is when you’re doing a zone do you put the room beside it? like this “@pan to zone 1 - INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY” or do you put the room underneathe the “@pan to zone 1”
what are all the zones? I’m new to all of this so I’m slightly confused. :confused:

You don’t need to pan to zone 1 if you’re already in it (it’s the default zone).

These are zones:

I’m highly advising you to read Beginner Directing Guide first.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

ohh Oh my word I’m starting to understand what you mean, thank you.

1 Like

ohh okay thanks

It’s really well explained in the guides :slight_smile: have a read :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Closing due to inactivity :slight_smile: