How does Zooming works?

Hey, I was just wonderin if someone could fully explain how Zooming works? I’m having a little trouble zooming in a zone of a background. So my character Young Leora is walking with the head of the orphanage, when they get to zone two I want to zoom on them before the head of the orphanage begins to talk to Young Leora, how do I do that? And thank you to anyone who replies!:blush::purple_heart:

I think there’s some issues with zooming after the recent portal update, so that might be why you’re having issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You gotta put on your scrip:

@HEAD OF THE PRINCIPAL walks to … AND YOUNG LEORA walks to…
(Once they’re in zone 2 and had stopped walking, you add:)
@zoom on X Y to % in #
(If you don’t know what that means you can put in X Y the name of any of your characters, for example:
@zoom on YOUNG LEORA to 200% in 0
And then you adjust correctly your zoom to have both characters in the screen)
After that, all you gotta put is the dialogue
For example

HEAD OF THE PRINCIPAL (talk_happy)
Nice to see you!

Remember that you need to code them to fit perfectly. What I tend to do is write:

NARR
Stop
When there’s a line or two I need to code them very well or it’s hard for me. In this way your preview will stop and you will be able to do all changes you want in that part without worrying of your story moving forward. Once you’re done coding that part, you just tap and conyinue with the others!

I hope you understand! If you don’t please let me know and I’m happy to help you :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

I am a little confused about the narrator stop, could you explain it a little further?

1 Like

I don’t know how to explain it but it’s something like this:

@X stands screen center and X faces left AND X is idle
(Your character X is in the default spot. You want to spot him in a certain point and then make him walk to another one and then make him dance. Here is where the
NARR
Stop
Comes in).

@X stands screen center AND X faces left
AND X is idle

NARR
Stop

@X is dance_happy

*Instead of tapping the NARR you use that dialogue to do everything you want.
You go to the story modifier and move your chararacter around for the first spot.
@X stands screen center AND X faces left AND X is idle
Will change to:
@X spot 1.280 30 24 AND X faces left AND X is idle
Then from that point you move him to the spot you want him to walk:
@X walks to spot 1.280 120 40 in 3(here you add the animation walk_neutral. For example) AND X is walk_neutral
And after this the dance will come up:
@X is dance_happy

At the end and without previewing ityoull have something like this:

@X spot 1.280 30 24 AND X faces left AND X is idle
NARR
Spot
@X walks to spot 1.280 120 40 in 3 AND X is walk_neutral
@X is dance_happy
You preview it and your character X will do everything :point_up_2: and if it’s perfect, you just remove the NARR and preview it again and there you have. An scene.
Sounds complicated but it’s pretty easy

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate all the help!