How exactly does a story get popular?

What makes a story “explode” in the trending section? I know a lot of stories that get reads because famous authors recommend it or the people are friends of famous authors and have connections but what about if you’re starting from scratch? Not everyone has the luxury of other authors promoting your story so how does a story get noticed and trending just by the story alone? I’m really curious because it seems like theres an uphill battle for new authors.

1 Like

what genre did you switch to if you don’t mind me asking?

Do you think social media was a benefiting factor to your success in reads? Congratulations by the way! :clap:

Ooh okay, thanks for the answer. :nerd_face:

First of all, social media.

With social media you’ll be presenting other people your story that would never know it existed if you hadn’t creat like an instagram account, if you keep updating with sneak peeks and the release dates of new chapters, you’ll gain readers more easily, even if it takes a long while.

Like @Rune.episode said, the genre of you story as a massive influence, and it’s kind of easy to figure. The main genre in episode is romance, there are way more stories in that genre than in any other. If you pay attention, the first 50 stories in that romance probably have above 10k reads. In action, fantasy and the others within the first 50 you’ll find a few with not even 400! :stuck_out_tongue: so it’s easier to get noticed in those ones.

Tying to post on these forums and make friends within the community also helps, just like a catchy cover and a intriguing description. :stuck_out_tongue: hope it helped