How important are reads to you?

I personally write because i need it for my mental health so for me reads dont really matter. I mean of course im happy when i get more reads but at the end of the day, those things dont really matter for me at least

3 Likes

I have to agree, readers are more important than reads. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I really appreciate if someone gives my story a genuine chance and just reads it without any R4R’s, but I also feel that I have to do some R4R’s to even get anyone to give my story a chance. :see_no_evil:

Doing R4R’s some readers read only the agreed amount of chapters, but there are also people, who really like the story, and continue reading after the R4R. :heart_eyes: I have also found some really great stories by doing R4R’s. :star_struck:

Feedback is what really counts. It’s nice to hear that someone has really enjoyed reading my story. I just published my first story in early January, so I’m pretty new in here, so getting feedback, hearing that someone has liked my story, really makes me want to improve my writing and directing and trying to make my stories even better.

3 Likes

Bump!

hmm interesting question
well I more appreciate happy readers feedback but I would lyie if I woudl tell you that seeing the story gaining reads and ranking high is not making me happy. Yes it does.

I am first time writer and starter with 0 fallowers or fans
my story was never on shelf yet it miraculously was able to accumulate some fan basis big enoug to keep the story among top 1000 ranking in general and in 100 in genre most of the time
knowing the peopel always come back to read newly released chapter means a lot to me
That they like the story and stay with it is for me great motor to go on.

I feel bit like little child who painted picture and wants to show it to everybody
I cant realy relate to people who say thay write just for themself and do not care at all if somebody likes it. I mean if you do not care if people like it you ant lern much what works for readers and what not ans I do care I want to develope my writting and storytelling skill so seeing the reads are in a way proof for me that what I do is readable for the people.

2 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

I’m always happy if someone reads my story, but I write for fun! Feedback and if someone enjoys my story is more important to me :blush:

3 Likes

Of course, I want my story to be read. It makes me happy when I see the number of reads growing. However, screenshots, recommendations, and comments are more important to me. I love it when a new reader comments something that happened on chapter 8. That means they like my story enough to keep reading it. :sunflower:

4 Likes

I write because I want to tell a story, of course I am super excited when I get reads! It means at least one person is enjoying my story! But it doesn’t mean everything to me

1 Like

I don’t know if my opinion really counts here because I’m unpublished, but I agree with this so much. Just having people interact positively with sneak peeks or to what I’m saying in PM conversation is immensely rewarding and so much better than racking up numbers. And if you’re writing something that means something to you, it’s so nice to connect with others who have it mean something to them too.

If I was writing for a paycheck, reads would have to matter to some degree, but I don’t see myself going in that direction and I think it would steal a lot of joy from me if I did.

4 Likes

As a newer author on the app, to me they don’t matter as much as most people would assume they do. My stories mean a lot to me, and I put a lot of time and effort into every detail so it feels great when people dm me to let me know they’re enjoying the story, and I think that is a feeling you can have with relatively low reads. Millions don’t mean as much when you’re passionate about what you’re doing. This also isn’t to invalidate anyone who considers read counts to be a priority, and I know Episode is a source of income for some. I consider myself a fortunate person on the app, and have created a small network on my own that I am proud of. I would pick my positive support system over any number of reads any day! :sunflower:

7 Likes