How Important is CC?

So, I’m creating my first story, its a romcom/slice of life and I need some help on whether or not I should add customization to my MC’s. The only reason why I don’t want to add CC is because it’d take up a whole chapter and I’m planning my story to only be about 5-7 chapters long. Also, I’d like to know if CC is even that important to stories, I personally don’t care whether or not there is CC, but I need majorities opinion on it.

So, whats your thoughts? Should I add CC or not?

Sorry if this is misplaced, this is my first post.

2 Likes

Customisation can just take up only 1 line of code!

TRY THIS

@CHAR goes to character avatar

Customization is REALLY good for keeping readers as they like to insert themselves into stories.

1 Like

AAHH!

You’re a life saver! Thanks so much! :smiley:

Glad I could help. Now you could have up 30,000 people be customized in one episode!

1 Like

I think it is your choice.

To put it bluntly, I really do not care if a story has or has no CC - for me, I enjoy many CC as well non CC stories. What matters is the actual story as well as what you would like in a story!

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t care and sometimes prefer it when stories don’t have CC. But since so many people like it, I added it to my story anyway. It attracts readers :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Okay, I don’t get particularly annoyed when there’s no CC in a story, but I do prefer stories that have CC in it, I’d usually read stories w/ out CC’s with an exception that they’re reaaallly good.

But it’s up to you.

1 Like

I prefer no CC, personally. I want the characters to be as the author envisioned them.
But it really is up to you. If you don’t have a problem with putting CC in your story, i’d definitely recommend doing it as it would attract more readers. But if you don’t feel comfortable with it you shouldn’t. It’s your story after all, and you should be able to do what you want with it!

2 Likes

Personally for me, I prefer CC. I love customizing, it’s fun and I feel as if I’m in the world they wrote about :cherry_blossom:

Of course, I’ll still read a story without CC if that is the way the author envisioned it :smile:

After all, it’s the storyline that matters the most, not whether characters can be customized or not :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I already added full CC for the MC’s and family in my story! :slight_smile:

Just adding my opinion, I think CC is good in stories with a lot of choices because that way the author can do what they think their character/themself would do. If it’s mostly non-choice, then a premade MC should be fine. Personally, I love CC.

2 Likes