How long did it take you to get use to writing episode stories?

How long did it take you to get use to writing an episode story?

2 weeks! It gets easier

About a month

It’s not really funny writing a story but when you’re done It is funny to see what have you created.For my It took about 3-4 weeks :wink:

A year to make my first story, this is because I focused on advanced directing. :heart:

It took me 4 months to get the hang of it and publish my first story, but I don’t think I really got used to it until I had been writing for 6 or 7 months, maybe.

Was it worth that long?

Depends what you define as worth it?

Worth making episodes for 4 months and then finally getting use to it. Was it hard those months before?

Yes, absolutely. I started it one night thinking it would take me a clue of hours to make a story. Then I spent a week straight just reading the guides alone! I was so wrong to think it would take a few hours.

In fact, I wish I had held back longer before publishing because any time I came across an error I couldn’t fix, I’d just change the whole scene so I didn’t have to figure it out. Whereas now, I can actually understand the errors and know what to do to fix them.

It was hard at first, but worth it in terms of me feeling proud of what I publish. I still go back and fix scenes that’s I’m not entirely happy with once I learn how to fix what it is that bothers me about particular scenes.

I had the same problem about month or so ago. Now, I know what to do. It’s taken me about 6 months to get to 4 episodes because the story is so complex to write.

A few weeks learning the basics. Two months of persistent writing to memorize advanced coding and forms of code.

Yeah, like getting the hang of it is one thing, but as soon as you attempt to make choices matter, it’s a whole new ball park

So true, it took me almost until episode three to just learn the complex choices. That was a real pain.

I’d say 2 to 3 weeks for me :smile:
EDIT: I meant for the basics like entering/exiting, outfits, dialogue and animations etc.

A few weeks for the simpler stuff and a few months for advanced. BUT I noticed if I take a break I become WAY too rusty -_- “why’s a code?” “who’s a spot directing?”

it took me a year.
That’s cause I needed time to learn all the basics
And I needed time to think about the plot of the story.