How long did it take you to learn everything that you know now and how did you learn it?

Just a thought, but how long did it take you to learn code and how did you learn it? The same goes for overlays, zones, how to fix errors, etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having a hard time with basically everything. I know this sounds silly but sometimes I actually feel like I’ve failed. I guess I didn’t realise how hard it would be to code and write a story. I’ve watched Joseph evans but as good as his tutorials are, there’s only so much you can learn from them? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any of your experiences with learning how to code while writing a story is appreciated.

Last question, does anybody want to be friends? :joy: :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

YESS let’s be friends yeetttt
I learned when I didn’t have an account on the forums, and no one really made tutorials on youtube, I just binge-read through the guides and messed around for a long time before releasing anything

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s all about experience. Just keep trying and practicing. Even if it’s bad, you’re gaining experience from it. And don’t worry everyone feels like they’ve failed sometimes, but I promise coding gets easier as you go along. Just keep watching Joseph Evans. And also, @Dara.Amarie has a LOT of helpful things on her threads. I’ve learned new things from her recently. And YES I wanna be your friend :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I guess I learnt pretty fast, I watched lots of videos and learnt by myself. Definitely need some more friends :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey friend! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::grin:

To be honest, I haven’t read the guides yet but I really should, I might have to print it out. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I just read your bio… lmao such a mood :skull::joy:

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely message Lexy. :blush:

I’m happy that I’m not the only one who’s felt this way. It’s so annoying when you think that you’re getting better at something but see all the errors. I’ll have to check out Dara’s thread and see what I can learn next.

I’m glad that you want to be my friend because I want to be yours to! :sob::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Yay another new friend! :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I love making friends :two_hearts:

1 Like

Haha, hey!

1 Like

PM me if you ever need help with anything :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you and also you can pm me if you need any help also. :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Writers form? Is that on this website? I’ll check it out. :blush:

1 Like

LmAO righhtt??

1 Like

:joy::clap:

1 Like

im still learning but what i know so far i learned from Joseph Evans videos and from the guide they provide us with when we first start on the portal and then i discovered Forums and i see people helping one another and then i would just read the thousands of replies and then through some of the How to’s Guides people made on here

(Self promo sorry not sorry) but honestly all these how to’s did help :point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

I’ve good to take a look at those guides they seem like they helped a lot of you all. :blush:

Honestly, thank you so much for creating that thread, I just took a quick look and I can already tell that those subjects are going to be so helpful! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I just kept practicing and taught myself. Practice makes perfect :two_hearts:

1 Like

I remember when I first found out you could make your own stories I saw the portal and was like “OMG what the hell is this” and then I started watching Joseph Evans choice tutorial and then got the hang of it straight away. I still make mistakes but its all a learning curve.

1 Like