How long did it take you to learn everything that you know now and how did you learn it?

Lol I was the same way. I took one look at the portal and thought 'how the he’ll does this thing work!":joy:

I first thought it was like HTML with the lines down the side and just closed the browser.

1 Like

I want to be friends. And idk I just started writing :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Same lol, when I found out that it was code, all I could think of is horribly I did in my IT class :joy:

Hey friend! :blush:

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Sup my bro (I’m so stupid!)

1 Like

Lol thanks for following my instgram! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It took me 7 months to get where I’m now.
(I do advanced directing and minigames)
I started with Joseph Evans videos on YouTube, after that I used the guides on Episode interactive.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did the episode guides help you with learning the advanced directing and mini games? :blush:

Yes! Especially with the overlays.
Joseph makes videos for the basics. But if you want to do more advanced directing, read the guides! There are a lot of small things that Joseph doesn’t mention in his videos, but are in the guides. (Like: all the different kind of transitions, all animations you can use for shifting a overlay etc.)

1 Like

That makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I was so confused on how everyone learnt to be advanced in code but now I know it’s the guides. I’ll check them out later today, thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Of course we can be friends!
I honestly just started trying things. I never really watched Joseph Evans like most, and didn’t even read through all of the guides. You really learn by just doing. Templates (like ones from Dara Amarie) help a lot in the beginning too!
And also feel free to ask for help! I’ll of course help as much as I can, and most of the people on here are really nice and willing to help.

1 Like

Hi Rune :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::grinning:

I saw some of Dara’s templates today and they looked very helpful so I’m going to try them out later, thank you for recommending them to me.

Also thank you for being kind enough to offer to help me, that is really lovely of you. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Of course I’ll help! All of us have been there, and I’m still learning. I couldn’t imagine learning it all without help from the members of the community! So if you have any questions just PM me, I mean it! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I learned it by myself and asked a few questions here on the forums and watched a few videos. :wink::smile: But you know that already :joy:

1 Like

And you were already a genius naturally to begin with. :joy::relieved:

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

I learned with the tutorial videos of @JosephEvans.They are really helpful.You should watch them!:grinning: