How long do ya'll take to write one episode?

I seem to take a really long time writing one episode. It’s usually because I take a lot of breaks and coding takes a long time. How long do you guys take?:slight_smile:

5 Likes

If I’m working with a lot of motivation to finish, I can finish around 3k lines in 3-4 days (without waiting for approvals and since I’m in quarantine)

But since I have very little, I just write whenever I want or feel like it. Which is usually around at least 1-2 months

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who takes that long, I always feel like I’m really slow:/ haha

3 Likes

Don’t worry. Work at your own pace!

1 Like

When I was writing my Episode stories, it normally took me around 1 month to write 1 episode.

2 Likes

tenor

Realistically, it depends on how fancy the directing will be and how branched the episode is, but no less than 12 hours (excluding procrastination time). I’d say average is 15-20 hours for a ~10 minute episode with fairly basic directing and no major branching.

4 Likes

Depends on how motivated i am and the coding. Without procrastinating and all the time in the world, probably 10 hours. Since that’s not the case, about a week since i get them beta read for mistakes before i move on to the next chapters.

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

it all depends on my motivation and how busy i am, it can take a few weeks to months for me.

2 Likes

10 months

6 Likes

increase school thats another 10 months

5 Likes

Where I live, we go back to school so probably 3-5 days. But if I’m not motivated it probably takes just over a month.

2 Likes

Same, I get really distracted sometimes. haha

1 Like

the fastest i can do is 1 scene per day and that’s if im on a big coding binge. probably a week to fully code an episode and another few days to clean it up

1 Like

it can take from 2 hours to 2 weeks for me lol

2 Likes

Mine take around 15-30 hours to complete (hours combined that I’m working on it) I use a lot of overlays and spot directing (I never ever use the basic screen positions) so it takes a very very long time for me to write haha

3 Likes

This chapter took me 2 weeks. But usually I’ll finish in 6 days.

1 Like

Motivation is a big key part for me. Since my fantasy story is advanced, and it requires much more attention and “re-previewing” like 100 times before I’m satisfied, I’ll still go over a checklist and end up spending another 2 days on it. Usually takes up to a week on an important episode/chapter.

2 Likes

Literally a year

3 Likes

funny thing, im currently writing my 3rd episode. the first two i finished in 4 days each, but this third one has already been in progress since a little over a week ago lol and i’m not even done yet sooo it depends hahaha

2 Likes