How long does it typically take to write your story? SURVEY

I am trying to write my first story, but I’m finding its taking a while. How long does it usually take you to write one episode, and how many lines is it? Do you use advanced or beginner writing?

2 Likes

According to the guidelines, you have to have at least 400 lines. And it’s gonna take awhile if you’re a beginner

1 Like

I use advanced directing in my story but I just started writing before 2 months or less (you could say I learned a lot within these months)…so it takes a lot of time for me to direct it and write the dialogues as I usually direct the episode with writing dialogues for every character well because otherwise I will probably forgot to add it later…
My 3rd chapter is taking forever to write it just doesn’t seem to end its already 4000 lines and still has around six or seven scenes to work with so it takes time and it also depends upon your writing as you know the faster the better…I know some writers that write very fast (I am talking about you @WinterMoon05)

5 Likes

I guess it all depends on the person. Some people may take a few days to write an episode, some may take months. It has to be above 400 lines for you to publish. Nobody really uses lines as a reference, because (again) it depends on the person. Try to time it as if you were a reader reading it, as people usually want episodes to be 10-15 minutes long. When I first began I definitely used beginner coding, like it took me an hour just to figure out how to do a transition. Now I’m using a lot more advanced coding to make my story look better and more interested, but this doesn’t matter to much if it’s a good story. I hope this helped, somehow :blush:

2 Likes

I wrote my first episode and was about 200 into my second episode until I realized I didn’t like it so I re started. Its dreadful because your working for so long on something and then you decide to delete it. Something just wasn’t right so about the way I had introduced the story so I knew I had to.

3 Likes

I feel you @episode.emma
I was writing a different story before I thought that why not start writing with a contest…
And the first story that I wrote was “Heartbeat” (Not published) I wrote about two chapters and was on the third chapter was almost complete (just a scene was left)
But when I read it then guess what??..
I didn’t liked not even a single bit…
It was a lot more cliche then I thought so I deleted all the three chapters as I wasn’t satisfied with the result…
It will turn out as a great story just need a good plot and a good backstory s that it won’t be cliche as I myself don’t like cliche stories how can I publish one then…
So I know this sucks :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel like that is my situation now, but I think I need to improve as a writer in general.

You will…
It takes time to become a good writer…
Trust me we all will eventually improve…I am definitely not a good writer but I improved at least a little so we all will…:blush::blush:

1 Like

Same @Rune.episode I time my story as well…
I try to make it around 10-15 minutes but sometimes it gets a little ahead of it…

1 Like

Thank you, I definitely agree with what your saying, I’m just going to go with timing my episodes and see how everything turns out. It can be difficult sometimes to keep writing I feel like, but I really want to be able to have my own story.

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

For me, each episode is 900-1200 lines long, which takes me a few (2-3) hours if I’m feeling productive, or a couple of days if I don’t really feel like it.

3 Likes

If I’m productive I can do 2,000 lines within two hours, but I don’t do it all at once.

1 Like

Since I’m writing an action story and I’m going to need lot’s of advanced directing, my first episode took a week and a half to make for me because i felt productive, if i really don’t feel like writing it an episode would take me 3 weeks to make.

1 Like

It takes me around 40 mins - 1 month on a chapter, depending on what sort of story I’m writing and what style I’m using
x

2 Likes

500/ never finished it because I take forever

1 Like