How long does it usually take to publish a chapter?

So I saw some authors publishing once a week, and some authors publishing like…one chapter per 2 months lol
Does it piss u guys when an author takes so long to publish a ch?

I wouldn’t say I get annoyed if an author takes a while to update. Everyone’s got their own pace, some people have more free time then others, or some people have written many episodes in advance so they can continue to update regularly. Tbh, something can sit in my favourites list for months without being updated and it doesn’t bother me

6 Likes

It doesn’t bother me either, I also have some stories in my favourites that haven’t been updated for months. The only thing I miss sometimes is the recap option in case if the story has a lot of characters and plot twists. It happened to me a few times that I read a new episode and I didn’t even remember who was who and what the heck is happening, but in most of the stories I’m fine without any recap.

4 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

It does annoy me when authors don’t update regularly. That being said I know people have personal lives and can even just not be in the mood to write, I haven’t updated in ages so I really can’t criticise people.

1 Like

I’m an author myself, so I can answer.

:blue_heart: The Top 5 Reasons Authors Never Update! :blue_heart:

"I'm making it more quality!"
  • Good episodes are choice-heavy episodes. This doesn’t have to do with anything happening to the author. Instead, the author just wishes to make their episodes and stories really good, so they decide to program a lot of choices, conditions, and bonus scenes for their readers. It may not seem like it, but these awesome features that make a story amazing can take hundreds of lines of code you don’t even see, which can take weeks to write.
"I don't know what to write exactly!"
  • Lack of inspiration? Some authors simply don’t know what to do next in their story. It’s recommended to plan out the entire story beforehand, but this may not be the case for some authors, who in the beginning, feel comfortable enough to let the future decide. Still, authors can find themselves suffering from writer’s block, and this may not be cleared away until even weeks later.
"I have an even better idea!"
  • Working on another story. This is pretty self-explanatory. Some authors want to write more than one story, or have another idea so good that they’d better start writing before it goes away! They may not have as much time to focus on the story you’re waiting for as before, but trust me, all authors are trying to come up with good ideas.
"My laptop won't turn on!"
  • Devices are acting like crap. One of the most annoying things an author can face is their laptop dying before they can save or their computer refusing to turn on, which can set them back quite a few paces. Then, they’ll have to rewrite this and reload that, all while worrying for the well being of their device.
"Real life much?!"
  • We have lives outside of Episode! I’m not pointing any fingers, but some fans of stories expect authors to update on a daily basis. Authors need to take breaks every once in a while, take care of their needs! (Food and water much?) Many authors have school/jobs to go to, as well as other personal things to take care of which they may not want to share as much.

:blue_heart: So there’s an author’s point of view for ya! :blue_heart:

5 Likes