How long is too long and how short is to short for an episode?

I’m trying to figure out how long is too long for one episode and what counts as too short? I see people doing 4k lines each episode and I’m here on 1.5k feeling accomplished! Should I be expanding my episodes or is it a preference with some people? Please do give your opinions so I know I’m not alone?:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It all depends on you and ur storyline.
You can have a short story and its more 3000k lines

2 Likes

I’d say 300 is short but you don’t have to do 1000 lines. I know first hand it’s hard to even get 800 lines.

1 Like

the limit is 500 lines. or els you cant published

most people go for 2000 per episode. or 10 minuts.

2 Likes

Did they change the minimum?

1 Like

I have 5-6 minutes episodes and had a lot of feedback saying it was too short. So I’d go for at least 9 minutes per episode. Don’t count by the lines themselves though it doesn’t mean much

2 Likes

the minimum is 400 lines

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever timed my episodes

That is something I suggest you to do. It is more revelating of the lenght of the episode

2 Likes

@MaliaWrites don’t look at lines, for example, some advanced directing can take hundreds of lines and just be like a few minutes scenes… also, it depends if you have spaces or not. Time your episodes while you’re reading them.

and check my thread here:

2 Likes

I would run it by minutes. Some of these people have a lot of directing in their stories. For instance, I am making sure the reader can choose the gender, name, and have full customization of the character in my new story. The only problem is, it’s borderline 5,000 lines! As long as the story is about 5 min. it should be the perfect length. Sometimes a 300 lined story (with no advanced directing) can be about a minute or two.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely take all of this into mind! I’ll start timing from now on! thank you everyone so much for your feedback!!

4 Likes

I have just cheked. it used to be 500 when I started out.

1 Like

Still, I think everyone agree that this is way too short :smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. it is way to short.

1 Like

Yeah, my main story is 2500+ lines almost per episode but about half of that would be the actual story.

1 Like

I just timed episode 4 and it’s over 10 minutes (I haven’t even directed yet or finished writing) so I think I’m okay!

1 Like

I usually start to get impatient when episodes are over 15 minutes long. My perfect length is 10 minutes though, for writing and reading. My chapters are usually 8-10 minutes long with about 700-900 lines.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.