How long is too long?

Okay this may sound real stupid, but I mean there has to be a limit for people’s patience level for how long a story is. So my question is how long (minute wise) should a story be? Also an estimate on how many lines in an episode.
Hope I don’t sound stupid :joy: :heart:

2 Likes

I’ll say on average an episode is like 12-15 minutes. I’ve timed how long it takes me to read a story at a normal pace to get an idea of how long my episodes should be, and most of the stories I read and timed took that long to read a chapter.

3 Likes

I’m my opinion, 8-15 minutes time wise. Any longer than that and I’ll tend to get bored and would wish the episode would just end already.
Lines is a bit more difficult to judge because it depends on if you have CC, how much coding, overlays etc. The “recommended” length is I think around 400 lines but they’re way too short, again, in my opinion. I try to make sure my episodes are at least 1,000 lines.

3 Likes

Lines isn’t always the best indication of length of an episode. If you have customization or hair/lip dressing games, your story could be a couple thousand lines long but it really doesn’t mean anything. Lines doesn’t always equal content.

I’d try and time yourself to see how long it takes to read an episode.
7-15 minutes is a good length, especially for the first episodes.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Me too haha I don’t wanna be that author that drags episodes on for too long lol

1 Like

Okay gotcha, that’s smart

1 Like

And I know 12-15 minutes sounds long, but trust me, if you have like 15-17 different scenes in an episode (each scene should be like 1-3 min, depending on how special the scene is), then your episode will be the right length!

1 Like

Okay I got it! thank you very much!!

1 Like

Of course!! Anytime

1 Like

More than 15 minutes

1 Like

Thank you sm!!

1 Like

I myself get bored when episode is too long… I think episode is good enough with 800 or 1000 lines… Of 10 to 15 minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like