How long should an Episode be?

I was wondering… how many lines is a decently long episode?

1 Like

400 - 500 or more if you want to add as many lines as you want.

2 Likes

Decently long? Well above the 1000 mark

2 Likes

I was in the middle of an episode and when I previewed it I realized every 100 lines I got 1 minute so I was actually planning on making it 1000 lines but I wasn’t sure if it would be a lot or too little.

1 Like

It all depends on branching and directing. If your story is mostly dialogue and pretty linear, you very well could reach the 10 minute mark with 1000-1500 lines. But if you have choices that change the story line heavily, or if you’re using advanced directing that takes up a lot of lines, you’d probably use up a lot more lines to reach 10 minutes.

1 Like

It says on episode website 500-800 lines… It depends how fast you write. So people do about a 1000 but I don’t less than 200 lines.

Possibly 1000-2000 lines

For me, because of customization/choices, lines isn’t a great measure of how long the episode actually is. I usually ‘play’ through the game, reading the dialogue and timing how long each chapter is (which gives me a change to triple check the grammar and spelling). Usually 7-10 minutes is what I shoot for, and depending on each episode that’s anywhere from 800-2000 lines.

2 Likes