How long should it actually take to finish an episode and do writer's block actually happen?

I’m just wondering, I’ve made some friends on here and I’m just trying to see if I’m normal I guess.
It takes me one day to finish an episode, I never experienced writer’s block, but if anyone ever experienced it, what are signs to look for if any?

12 Likes

One day-
How long are your Episodes, exactly?
In terms of length & script lines?

8 Likes

1000 plus lines

5 Likes

It takes me about a month to write a new episode. No, I don’t usually get writers block.

16 Likes

Jeez-
So it’s really good that you can finish Episodes in a day and get that much work done, good job :relaxed:

Unfortunately writer’s block is a real thing for many authors.

There aren’t really any “symptoms “ per se, but it can start from you not wanting to work on your story, losing motivation, etc.

13 Likes

I’m starting to think I’m not normal! I always have these what if questions and scenarios for no reason, reading other people stories on here is what encouraged me to write.

10 Likes

wow, I only pause when I want to backgrounds or overlays to clear! That’s crazy!

7 Likes

You’re special, and I’m jealous :unamused::kissing_closed_eyes:
It’s a good thing for you though, so keep at it.

7 Likes

No need to be jealous, I think anybody can do it! I really do!

3 Likes

There’s no right or wrong way to write. It also depends on how complex your story is. Do you have advanced directing, multiple branches?
If you’re happy with your work, that’s great!

11 Likes

I’m too busy and lazy for that, mostly lazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wow. How do you do it so fast?

3 Likes

I think so! can you tell me what is “multiple branches” haven’t learned all the terms on here yet!

2 Likes

I’m also jealous.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I’m always day dreaming so I think it has a lot to do with that!

3 Likes

Multiple branches is when you have two different options. For example, you can have two branches. One being male MC, the other being the female MC.

3 Likes

Don’t be, just reconnect with your inner child, that’s what I do, don’t mean to half of the time, just be happening!

2 Likes

mine is just one person.

1 Like

Does your story contain choices or points?
If you have choices that lead to different scenes or branches, then it will take longer, because you are writing different scenes for the different choices.

Do you have one gender MC or can hour reader choose? If yes, then each will be somewhat different. Same with the love interest or secondary characters.

3 Likes

I write and put codes, but not to many choices though!

1 Like