How long should it actually take to finish an episode and do writer's block actually happen?

I don’t know, I’m more into letting the reader watch the story unfold without interruption, is that a bad thing?

2 Likes

No, it isn’t a bad thing. It just means it’s less coding. Which explains why you can code so fast.

5 Likes

I have choice templates, I just learned a lot of stuff along the way! It seem like when I do put the choice template in the choices are hilarious, so I decide to opt out with them!

3 Likes

Lol, it takes me TWO days to write ONE scene

12 Likes

1 day- 1000+ lines… I’m just shocked.

Well for me I’m still on my first chapter and it’s been almost year lol it’s not easy for me. Read my bio…

8 Likes

wow, forreal, my story I published recently was published by mistake!
When I actually finished, I was gonna go back in and put some choices in there,
but this story I’m writing is kinda serious and the choices were hilarious, I don’t know man!

2 Likes

I believe you can, have faith in yourself and believe you can!

2 Likes

I think a lot of it comes from a place of silliness. I’m a silly comedic person, so like stuff just comes to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s taken me a few months for write a first Episode.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it’s the coding what takes so long. It only takes me like a few hours to finish writing my plots and stuff but with the coding, it’s a whole new story.

2 Likes

If I may, try this: Go to that place in your mind that you have locked away and maybe don’t display very often. Think of 10 questions, 10 out-of-the-box, omg questions, when they come to you Do not think about them, just write them down. once you do that, read them back to yourself! I did this some years back and I did it because I was bored and wanted to laugh. It’s called the weird Shyt question sheet! very hilarious! but for you guys, try it and see what you come up with.

2 Likes

I have the templates, I just choose not to put them in, or at least every episode, I’ll do it every couple episodes, when I read stories, I tangled more with the choices then actually the story itself.

2 Likes

I’m only halfway through episode 2 and I’ve been working on it for….idk, maybe a couple months shy of a year?
I wanted to publish it last year in November when I ended my outfit contest for the story but that didn’t happen :clown_face:

It’s taking me so long bc I have kids, do art and am planning a wedding. I don’t really get writers block though unless I’m highly stressed or don’t have the story/episode planned correctly.

2 Likes

Do you ever take time for yourself to just be you, or do something fun and silly. I think that a lot of people have this problem because they take a very serious view of it. I think writing should be what ever you want it to be and you can actually be yourself in your writing!

1 Like

For me, it depends on my schedule. When I used to have a lot of free time, it would take me 8 hours, give or take a couple of hours, to finish an episode. My stories don’t require a ton of advanced directing so that’s why it took me less time than most people, I guess.

Ever since being a working adult lol, I haven’t had much time to write. I have been planning my episodes beforehand and writing when I can. It’s usually an hour a day now… not much :sweat_smile:

Writers block is easy to recognize. When it comes to writing, you are out of ideas. No matter how much you try, nothing comes out of your creative mind. I haven’t experienced it but I’ve experienced lack of motivation.

1 Like

Yess, that’s it right there. You have kids, I do too! My kids are literally retarded! (hilariously speaking)
And me and my kids are constantly nit picking at one another. That’ where a lot of my silliness and happiness comes from! mine are older though-God help me!

I think you should make time for yourself, I know you work and everything, but make time for yourself to unwind and relax, you body and your mind. I think then once you actually start taking (me time) for yourself the ideas will flow more easily.

a day HOW? it take me a mounth, if you finish in one day, I am sorry but I doubt the quality of the chapter, how well is the codeing, the plot?, how long is it?.

i takes me a hours just to put speechbubbels in the correct place, and that is easy

4 Likes

well a thousand plus lines, I learned the coding better than my last story which I will revise after I finish this one.

1 Like

Question: Do any of you guys actually take time out for yourselves, children or not?
Everybody need a little time to step back and reflect and relax!

2 Likes