How long should scenes be & Help me start off my story

So I’m currently writing my story and I really need help!! I feel like my scenes are too short and it makes me feel like something is off. So how long should scenes last? How many lines of dialogue, minutes, or seconds. I also need help with starting off my story. My story is about how the MC lost her (assassin) father to war and she wants to continue on his legacy, but she really didn’t know her world as she thought. It was magical. So how will I start this off? Pleaaseee helppp!

personally, i think it depends on the story. try finding a good middle ground where it isn’t unnecessarily long, but not too fast-paced either.

tl:dr
don’t fill the scene with anything more than what’s needed

1 Like

Well, 1 episode should be 8 - 10 minutes long and contain about 3 -4 big scenes.
That’s the standart.
But, of course, you don’t have to follow that. For example, I LOVE long episodes and stories.

Kiki :green_heart:

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

thanks!! i’ll keep these tips in mind

You’re welcome! We gotta help everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.