How long should should a chapter be? w

what is your preferred story length? is it 5 mins? maybe even 10? whats to long and to short for a chapter?

3 Likes

Between 8 and 15 minuts. Its a good time aim, some chapters will be longer or aborter then others.

5 Likes

Mine is between 7-12 minutes. I feel like that sort of time isn’t too short that I feel I wasted a pass but also not long enough for me to get bored. But, obviously some episodes have to be longer or shorter for the storyline. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

10-15 for me

1 Like

20-25 minutes. :relaxed:

3 Likes

10-20 minutes for me.

@schittwriter 20-25??? How many stories actually have episodes that are that long?

2 Likes

I like long detailed Episode
At least 20 mins😙

2 Likes

Not enough. :sob:
Although I’ve read a story where the episodes were 40+ minutes long. :eyes:

4 Likes

Safe zone from me is 13-18 minutes

2 Likes

I prefer episodes 10-15 minutes max. This is mainly because I don’t have time to sit and read a full episode if they are 25 mins+ therefore I leave it half finished and either forget to go back to it, or by the time I do circle back, I’ve forgotten what was going on.
Oh, and then there’s the dreaded times of finishing a long episode only for the writer to then resave that episode when they release a new one, meaning you have to re-read it all over again… which I hate.

Though I’ll happily read longer or shorter episodes if they still have amazing quality.

1 Like

My preference is 10-20 minutes :blush:

1 Like