How long will you be staying in the community?

I know some of us in the community are about the age range of 13-18 of age. But as we grow, we change our minds about certain things. Would that be like that with Episode?

DON’T ANSWER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO …

How old are you in the Episode community?
  • Younger than 13
  • 13-15
  • 16-18
  • Older than 18

0 voters

SO THE REAL QUESTION IS …

Will you still be in the community 5 years from your age?
I want to know what you guys are going to do ?
Here’s my Answer
I’m going to be 22 in five years from now. I probably would stay cause maybe the community would change the stories and have a new mindset.
I want your feedback… let me know what your going to do …

6 Likes

Hm. No, probably not. I’ll probably leave after a year, maybe 2

1 Like

Well I hope I’ll be able to read all your published stories and afterwards(in the time frame.)

2 Likes

Haha thanks! I would publish mine now but I have a problem:How come it says NAME?

Most likely within the next few years tbh

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope to read to your published stories in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you, that means a lot to me :blush:

1 Like

Np

2 Likes

Tbh, I never really used the name input, but you seem to did it right. I read the Dara. Amarie type-in choice and it looks correct.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought so too. Anyway, I don’t wanna spam your thread!

1 Like

It’s good, but okay

2 Likes

Fun fact, most famous and official authors are over the age of 20. A majority I’ve seen are 25+ at minimum. It’s quite rare to find an author who consistently publishes that isn’t an adult.

6 Likes

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: I don’t know yet whether I’ll be here in 5 years. Probably not.

Longest answer:

If my stories take off and become a source of income, sure, but otherwise, I’ll be pursuing other media instead.

So far, getting reads is an uphill battle (most of my 47 reads to date have been R4R so it hardly counts as a success.) which I’m not sure I have the resources to fight.

I have post-concussion syndrome (going on two years now. (I just had my “concussiversary” last month.) and I can’t handle more than an hour at a computer a day. Although I can write for longer stretches without symptoms, coding takes a lot out of me, and there’s still a lot I can’t do. It may not be worth the suffering.

I have a writing partner who does all the coding and we’re working together on his first story, but we’ll see if the episodes take off once they’re released. I have two originals (to Episode) and one more remake (adaptation of my unsold feature film scripts) in progress, but progress is slow.

It has been an interesting experience, but I’m still not sure this venue is a good fit for me and my writing.

I have a short film in post-production that I’m hoping to use to sell my TV series to a streaming service (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, whatever). If it gets greenlit, there won’t be time for anything else.

So, :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t stay in front of a screen either. for longer than 20 minutes or my vision will become very blurry and I won’t be able to see nothing. But It’s really good to hear. I hope I could read any of your stories before you leave then community.

2 Likes

As long as I have freetime and a creative mind, I’ll be staying!

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

I’ll be 29 in five years bruh wtf😭 and I don’t ever plan on leaving unless it just naturally happens. I love reading Episode stories and I love writing my stories even more. I’ve been here since the beginning of Classic era, they ain’t getting rid of me that easily :skull:

I think a large part of it is the interaction I get with other people. I’m a stay at home mom (4.5 years now) and my only daily adult interaction is with my fiancé, and I can’t even count that half the time cause he works 2 jobs. So writing and being part of the community has connected me with so many wonderful people, so I personally can’t see ever leaving it (by choice) :blush::heart:

4 Likes

I’ve been on Episode since age 10! 3 years! I only found out about the forums this February so yeah-

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know people could be in there 20’s and be on episode. Yeah, I planned on staying forever. I stay until I’m 45 if I have too. Maybe could get your mind off of things. It works for me LOL. :heart: :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I been a huge fan of Episode, but my mom always told me to stop playing/reading but I told her I can’t stop. :joy: So she said whatever man :rofl: And yeah, I just known the community for 1 month now.

1 Like